Gain/Forex.com Practice account connectivity issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain/Forex.com Practice account connectivity issue

I appear to be able to connect with my Gain UK practice account, but no data flows when I attempt to set up instruments. Gain have told me that all practice accounts have to go through ninja trader.
    I have followed the setup instructions for instruments but I may be missing something- can you help?
    I have read the previous threads but they do not seem to apply

Hi,

What are the currencies you're trying to look at? In addition, is there an error message listed in the log?

Also, what version is this V6.5.1000.15 or V7 Beta. You can check for the version under Help--> About.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by peterb View Post
      I appear to be able to connect with my Gain UK practice account, but no data flows when I attempt to set up instruments. Gain have told me that all practice accounts have to go through ninja trader.
      I have followed the setup instructions for instruments but I may be missing something- can you help?
      I have read the previous threads but they do not seem to apply
      Are you 'connected' to the GAIN account in account connections?

TJ

Comment

EURUSD, no error msg in the log, using V6.5.
        I now have data flowing to the chart- seems it is a matter of finding my way around the intricacies of setting up ninjatrader, - thanks for getting back to me.
        I have tried to download V7 beta from the link on the popup window when V6.5 loads, but it takes me to the regular download page with no option for downloading V7- what is the fix for this- plus do you recommend downloading V7 since I am learning the system from scratch anyway?
        All the best,
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Trader.Jon View Post
          Are you 'connected' to the GAIN account in account connections?

TJ
          Yes, but I had been having trouble setting up the instruments list until I figured out that "forax" is the exchange for currencies.
          The charting function is working, although when I try to load the MarketProfile indicator nothing changes on the chart
          Thanks for responding-
          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by peterb View Post
            Yes, but I had been having trouble setting up the instruments list until I figured out that "forax" is the exchange for currencies.
            The charting function is working, although when I try to load the MarketProfile indicator nothing changes on the chart
            Thanks for responding-
            Pete
            Are the built in indicators working on the chart? If so, I suggest downloading the .zip again and reimporting through the utilities option.

Comment

Gain/Forex.com connectivity issues

Originally posted by Trader.Jon View Post
              Are the built in indicators working on the chart? If so, I suggest downloading the .zip again and reimporting through the utilities option.
              The built in indicators are not displaying on the chart, although the name of the indicator does appear at the top right of the chart ie: VolumeProfile(1,false,80). Changing the value to true in Parameters in the properties box does not make any difference. I have tried with several of the other built-in indicators with the same result.
              Also the chart shows just one red vertical bar onthe right side with the current price at the bottom when loaded (after connection to Gain). If I scroll left one click the bars appear, but the values don't look right. As soon as I scroll right the last click the bars display disappears again and the vertical red bar appears.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post sarafuenonly123  
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Brevo