How to save a chart for further use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to save a chart for further use ?

I am a new user running NT7 beta 15 with imported data (metastock format).

After plotting some indicators and lines and fibs on the chart, I found nowhere to save the chart but two ways, workspace in the Control Centre or image>save as in the chart window.

When I save and reopen the workspace , I simply cant find the option (eg open previous chart or something like that), all I can do is file>new>chart, and that means it will start all over again. What I want to do is to open the previous chart (well I dont know how to save it) and continue editing it. NT7 is a very nice program and I do love it, I hope someone can blade me out, Thanks so much

Hi newbiee,

Thank you for your post.

In order to save any active charts they will need to be saved as a part of your Workspace. Prior to exiting NinjaTrader please go to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace. Upon startup of NinjaTrader all active window should populate as they were saved.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Managing Workspaces.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hi newbiee,

Thank you for your post.

In order to save any active charts they will need to be saved as a part of your Workspace. Prior to exiting NinjaTrader please go to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace. Upon startup of NinjaTrader all active window should populate as they were saved.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Managing Workspaces.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
      Thanks Christopher.

I saved the current workspace without closing the active chart window. Afterward, I opened the workspace again and cant find the chart window automatically "popped up", but I did see the workspace toggled to the previous one ( workspace saved as 20100520, please see the attached pix). Do I need to close the chart window (chart window is a seperate window from the Control Centre) prior to save the workspace ? I am kinda messed up hehe.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would like to schedule a call with you today to assist with resolving the issue by remotely logging into your PC.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) The best number to reach you at.
        3.) A time you will be available
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view