Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared the hell out of me...

Hi Support,

It was extremely annoying day for me today. Just have a look at attached screenshot of EURCAD chart and try and explain to me as what had just happened. I am using NT7 to trade LIVE with MBT as my broker.

The first chart shows SCARY moves that did not happen as I cannot see those on MT4 for the same broker. It was a move of 500 pips and then return - HOW ???

Good God that I closed my LIVE trade as can be seen on the chart.

Now when I shut down the NT7 and reloaded, I get the chart as shown in screenshot # 2.

Support kindly explain how can it enhance my confidence especially when I am thinking of buying few more license to devlop on my trading business???

Very very upset, really.

Yusuf SHAIKH
    Attached Files

Hi Support,

Here is another one where I can see data mismatch terribly.

Kindly refer to 2 screenshots; one from NT7 and other from NT6.5.
    This one shows different LOWS formed on EURUSD pair at the same time.

Now inspite of reloading NT7 after shutdown, the data did not correct itself and still shows the same discrepancy. Really I am not sure how these stuff can be trusted now.

Kindly fix and provide the solution as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Yusuf SHAIKH
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

First please note the NinjaTrader 7 is a beta product and we recommend that you use our production stable release NinjaTrader 6.5 for live trading.

Also can you please provide a little more information so I can test on my side, you are connected to MBTrading only is this correct?

Also, please let me know on NinjaTrader 7 if you are using the MBTrading historical data server or not. This is found by going to Control Center->Tools->Account Connections->MBTrading Connection name->Edit->Next.

Also what version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using, This if dound by going to Control Center->Help->About and is located to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your reply.

Point taken - I will revert back to NT 6.5, stable version of NT.

YES - I am connected to MB Trader only.

The historical data server as I checked on my NT7 is marked as "Use External Servers (Futres Only)".

The NT version as I checked is NT 7.0.0.15 (Multibroker LIVE).

Awaiting your resolution at the earliest.

Regards,
        Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

Hello,

Please see the screenshot and let me know what bubble is bubbled for Historical data, this is found by following the instruction I highlighted in my previous post. I'm not sure where you got the information that you mentioned in your post for the setting you had for Use External Servers (Futures Only). As there are only 2 options.

Let me know which one of these options is selected under Historical Data, This is found by going to Control Center->Tools->Account Connections->MBTrading Connection name->Edit->Next.

Do you have anything selected Backup Datafeed connection? Or is it listed as <None> in the screenshot?

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
            Refer the attached screenshot and it will give you an idea of the option I have with me.

It is now that I selected MBT data server, earlier it was Option number 2 from top.

Thanks,
            Yusuf SHAIKH
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Can you plase pull up your chart using MBTrading servers that you now have selected and let me know if this changes your chart to what you expect. If you wouldnt mind posting a screenshot of the new chart so that we can see the changes.

Comment

Hi Brett,

I changed to MBT data server and then took the image earlier itself. It make no change to my EURUSD chart as you can see the image posted earlier. That image was taken only after selecting to MBT data server. However this issue is happening with NT7 only. Now I am using NT 6.5 and there are no issues with it as I mentioned earlier.

Thanks,
                Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

Hello,

Where you sure to reload historical data in the chart once you changed this, as you will notice a difference when this is changed. This is done by right clicking on the chart and right click on reload historical data.

MBTrading Servers = MBTrading servers data

External Servers = NinjaTrader Data Server

This should change your results. With NinjaTrader 6.5 there was no historical data servers. You only had historical data for the live data that you recorded while NinjaTrader was running.

With the Historical Data servers enabled you will be subject to the following link that explains how chart bars could change after reloading historical data, please see the last paragraph in the following page:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by fy260498 View Post
                    Hi Support,

It was extremely annoying day for me today. Just have a look at attached screenshot of EURCAD chart and try and explain to me as what had just happened. ...
                    Now when I shut down the NT7 and reloaded, I get the chart as shown in screenshot # 2.
                    Very very upset, really.

Yusuf SHAIKH
                    ForEx data is not from a central exchange like you would get from the Globex or CBOT/ICE etc ... so data is streamed and if you get a mismatch of time stamps incoming the range charts will 'step' fast, or minute bars will have huge gaps.

How often do you synch the computer clock to atomic time? If this continues you might want to consider frequent syncs to help trace the problem.

Just my $0.02 CDN worth of input

TJ

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                    16 responses