In a position as soon as I log on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a position as soon as I log on

Under MB Trading simulation, why do I get a message saying I have an unmanaged position in an instrument when I log on ? I have tried the various techniques referred to in the dialog warning boxes that also open and tell me I have this unmanaged strategy order. They refer to a certain web page on your site for this sort of thing.

What gives with this ? Why does it put me into an instrument I was flat and out of before I exited the previous session ? Sorry to keep posting questions into this forumn, but for the life of me, in 25 years of running computers and 10 years of using financial software, for whatever reason, I find this program's power is exceeded only by its non-intuitive complexity. I just don't get why this program does some of the things that it does, and while I want to subscribe to it, it scares the daylights out of me to try to run it "hot" on my account when I can't figure out, within reason, why it does the things it does. The last thing I want to do is open my MB Trading account and all of a sudden be in a trade, for real, that I never executed.

To the best of my knowledge I have followed the warnings/cures under "In Flight Executions". No matter what I do it insists on making me short 1 ES when I log on. I then have to go into the "orders" tab and fix it, but it always shows up again the next time I log back in, even if I fix it, and exit without making any trades.

In short, how do I "flush" this out once and for all, so that when I leave flat I log back in flat ?

Thanks for any help.

imported post

When running the simulator you need to be aware that the orders get executed only when market data events come into the system. There are situations where one may close a position (Flatten Everything) and assume that the simulated position was flattened. If market data was not coming in (slow market) then the order may never have gotten executed. This would leave a position overnight. To reset the simulator, delete the following file -

C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 4\Data\accountData.xml

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks Ray; that works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses