Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 crashing a few times/day

Ninjas,
    I've been using NT7 for backtesting only and it's been crashing on me a few times/day. With NT6.5 this would only happen when the memory became too bloated and since I knew when that was I could plan for the crash in advance.

With NT7 I just had a crash with memory at 800,000K. At the time, all I was doing was toggling between a Ninja chart and an xls file.

Is there any known issue that you can point to?

Hello bluelou,

Unfortunately I am not sure if a known issue caused the crash. Can you please post your trace file that includes the crash.

Are you able to consistently produce the crash when performing the same backtest?

Does the crash only occur during a backtest and you toggle back and forth between NinjaTrader and an xls file?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,
      I just e-mailed you the trace file. The crash occurred around 12:45 EST. I wasn't doing anything with NT7 at the time - no backtesting, etc. I was just moving a chart out of the way so I could see an xls file. I'm pretty sure that each time it has crashed all I was doing was looking at a chart.

Comment

I tried sending the log + trace files but NT7 froze for > 10 minutes so I killed the process. Is there an easier way to send the trace files?

Comment

Hello bluelou,

Yes, can you please send me your log and trace files manually using your regular email software. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100519 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100519 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done. I sent the trace file. The log was 54 MB so I didn't send it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno