Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossover Alerts, Vertical Scrolling and No. of bars

Hello

being relatively new to NT, a couple of questions came on my mind using the charts of NT:

1. Is it possible to get alerts when a certain drawn line (e.g. support) gets a crossover from the price ?
    2. Is it possible to scroll the chart vertically as you are able to do it horizontally (or maybe to recenter the chart) ? Sometimes the new bars are relatively far in the upper side of the chart and the only possibility to get the price action more in the middle is vertical scaling, but then one might not like the vertical compressed bars...
    3. Also the no. of bars in a chart seem restricted. When I use e.g. IB data for 15min FXmajors, I get only four days of data. And I am very positve that IB delivers more data than that (I used already the "Reload all historical data" function). Another example would be the S&P500 data from Yahoo Finance. Again NT shows me about 9 month of bars, whereas the data from Yahoo goes really back in time...

Your help is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

orchiscell, welcome to NinjaTrader -

1. You could setup alert levels in the Market Analyzer for example - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onditions.html

For the charts, I suggest you search the forums for the PriceAlert indicators.

2. This is available in our upcoming NT7 release, it will offer more scaling options as well then - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

3. What is currently shown in the max zoomed out chart does not have to be what's maximum available from your provider, please navigate the chart to check and also ensure you've setup a chart with a high enough lookback amount (Range settings in the 'Format Data Series' dialog box) -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand. thx for the quick answer.

1. I will do search the forum

2. Referring to your links, you mean probably the"New Flexible Chart Panel Management", right ? I use currently NT7 64b. I can find the mentioned panel context menu when I press the right mouse button on the y axis, but all options are greyed out. Is that because of the Beta or do I have to make something special to use it ?

3. In NT7, I could not find the Format Data Series dialog. When I tried NT6.5 I found what I was looking for. How can I do that in NT7, please ?

Thx again

Comment

orchiscell, if you're on NT 7 beta, just hold Ctrl down while dragging the Y asis with the mouse - this allow you to move the chart vertically...the options except properties would be greyed out on a single series chart.

To 'Format Data Series' in NT7, please press Ctrl F or right click in the chart > Format Data Series.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, super.

many thx, again.

I am impressed by the product and the support...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post WHICKED