Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clock issue and start time of chart

Hello,
    I like to use a "day session only" chart for the ES, so I've changed the start and end times to 6:30 AM and 1:15 PM, to correspond to the hours (California time) when the CME exchange is open for business for the ES......and as I'm writing this I'm realizing that this is probably going to wind up being a daylight savings problem....
    Anyway, I just checked my 5 minute ES chart, and it's not starting at 6:30 AM, but rather at 7:30 AM. My computer's clock is accurate, and I'm sure that when I set up Ninja on this computer I set the time to Pacific time....ah, but maybe I set it up to PST....and now we're on PDT? Anyway, I'm not sure how to fix this. Got to be simple. Please help. Attached are two pix to show my plight.
    Thanks, Tasuki
    Attached Files

Hi Tasuki,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please close NinjaTrader and then sync your PC clock.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Here you can also check that the PDT is the time is set.

Then please reopen NinjaTrader and then recreate those charts.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it's all in the timing

Ryan, Thanks for your reply. Well, I'll be hornswaggled, it worked. I dunno why it worked, but it did. Before I did the internet time sync my computer's clock said 7:39 pm (which is the correct time here this evening), and after the sync was complete, the computer's clock said 7:39 pm, so the time on the computer didn't change. When I went back to my charts, the time was still wrong, but I hadn't yet connected to my ZenFire data feed. As soon as I connected and the chart refreshed, the start time on the chart was now corrected, but the time on the computer's clock never changed. What's up with that? How did that sync-ing process correct the start time of my day-only session charts without changing the time on the computer?
      Thanks, Tasuki

Comment

Glad to hear that did the trick. Yes even if the PC clock is displaying the correct time it may be out of sync just a little bit this can begin to cause issues.

Have a great day and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes