Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Multiple Data Providers work together in NT

Hi Team,

I currently connect to Zen-Fire (first) for tic data and order execution and IQ Feed (second) primarily for daily data and market internals.

QUESTIONS:

- If IQ Feed data is also providing Tic data, is this slowing me down or otherwise decreasing performance? i.e. the fact that I am 'duplicating' my data requirement? Or will Ninja simply use the zen-fire connection and ignore the IQ feed connection where it is not needed?
    - I use IQ Feed data for DAILY EOD data. I think I remember that when I used to use Barchart, a daily chart would also update with intra-day data, however the IQ Feed daily chart does not seem to update with daily data. is there a way to force the daily chart to update with intra-day data?

Thanks so much,

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

1) The second connection will not have any performance hit.

2) Unfortunately not as for the chart to form during the day you must be receiving live data, make sure that the daily charts last day is set for today by right clicking on the chart and selecting format data series and checking the last date setting. If this is set to today you should receive live data for today, and if you are not this means that you are not receiving live data feed. Bar chart must have been supplying you with live data or delayed data and daily historical data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Multiple Connections working together

Thanks for that,

So are you saying that a given chart can only receive data from one connection source at a time? So if my IQ Feed is not live, my "daily" timeframe chart will not utilise the Zen Fire connection (live) for intra day values and 'merge' them with the EOD data already in the chart?

thanks again,

Comment

Hello,

This would depend, this is possible but would require you turning off all historical data from Zenfire and would require that your viewing EOD Daily Data for Futures as the Zenfire connection only supports futures.

To break this down for you, You have the option of where you get your live data from and you have the option of where you get your historical data from with most connections. In most situations where you are connected to one data provider the live data and the historical data come from the same sorce. However you can disable historical data on your first connection and then have NinjaTrader pull historical data from another connection. However you cannot have it set for just daily charts as it would have to be set for all time frames including minute and tick historical data as you cannot pick and choose on an instrument level what data is pulled from where. Since your IQFeed most likely does not support historicl tick and minute data changing this to get historical data from IQFeed would mean that you can have the live feed and historical data on a daily chart but would also mean that you would only have live data on tick and minute charts and no historical data unless you upgraded your IQFeed account to get historical tick and minute data.

If you would like instructions on how to turn of the historical data for Zenfire please let me know and I will provide them.

Hopefully this is clear for you let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Multiple Connections working together

Very helpful, thanks Brett,

Couuld you possibly provide the details on how to turn off historic data on zen fire then? I'd like to have a play with that.

Cheers !

Comment

Great glad that helped.

Use the steps below to disable historical data on the zenfire connection:

• Disconnect
            • Tools
            • Account Connections
            • Select your Zenfire connection
            • Change
            • Next
            • Historical Data-->Disabled.
            • Next
            • Next Finish
            • Reconnect

Comment

Latest Posts