Stops and targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stops and targets

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but i would like to ask how should i handle loss of connection or internet conncection loss when in a trade and using a certain strategy with stops and targets in place. Where are my orders stored? On my local machine or on some server so i dont have to worry about this?

And say im using a complex trailing stop, i suppose that wont work if i lose my connection, right?

What would be you suggestion on how to hadle this kind of situation, except direct line to the broker?

Thanks

Hello bagzi,

Once an order receives an 'Accepted' or 'Working' status, it resides at either the broker or exchange as per the link below.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the Control Center-->Orders-tab in the State column.

Please note that OCO functionality is simulated on your PC in most cases. So if you have two ATM orders (which are OCO) working and you close NinjaTrader, the cancellation of the ATM order once the other one is filled will not occur. You will need to have NinjaTrader running and connected for OCO functionality to trigger. This can result in an unexpected position.

For example, you have a short position with 2 ATM orders (stop loss & profit target). You close NinjaTrader and once you restart it and get re-connected, you are in a long position. This because both ATM orders were filled - one to close the short position and the other that caused the unexpected long position.

Correct, if NinjaTrader is not running and connected, the AutoTrail stop strategy will not be triggered.

Yes, please contact your broker in such cases as soon as possible. They will be able to close out your position or cancel any orders.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM