rejected order (451)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rejected order (451)

made a trade this morning using my usual ATM strategy, entered all right but the target1 gave me the following error message:

"Rejected: The Total limit of the following order: Id 87 can not be verified Restriction is specified in precautionary setting of global configuration/presets (451)"

the stop1 is in "accepted" status but the stop price is set to .0001

I looked in the precautionary settings of TWS but there was nothing there that indicated there would be a problem.
    Last edited by TishTamble; 05-21-2010, 11:57 AM. Reason: title spelling error

Hi TishTamble,

Thank you for your post.

If you right click on the SuperDOM and then choose Properties can you please change the Use Stop Market for Stop Loss orders to True.

Additionally, can you please clarify what instrument you were trading when this issue occurred.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was trading PIR at the time.

Comment

TishTamble,

I was looking at IB's precautionary settings in the TWS platform and I do not see anything that would cause this issue.

I would recommend you contact IB since the message is from their servers and see if they have any insight into why the order is giving you that message.

In my first response I mentioned that you can use Stop Market orders for Stop Loss, and you may want to confirm as well if there are any order type restrictions that that property in NinjaTrader may resolve.

Comment

I will definitely contact IB and see if they can help. some more info if there's anything else you can tell me:

tried to place a limit order on PIR right before the close of market today. placed a limit order, it gave me the error message again. so I did a market sell. that worked all right. but after the market order filled automatically did a action "buy" stop and "buy" limit at the same time. putting me back in again, requiring me to close with a market order again. losing $1. +commission. Not much but frustrating that its not doing what I want it to.

I will speak with the folks at IB and see what they have to say on the subject. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

TishTamble,

If I understand correctly you will want to place a Stop Market order after your initial entry order. If you were trying to bracket the market then you would do so on the opposite side.

You can use the close button as well to exit positions.

Comment

the problem is I had no intention of buying back into the stock after I closed out with a market order. it did it without my consent and I don't know why.

Comment

TishTamble,

Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your log and trace files for today's date. I would like to review those diagnostic files for the precise order entries.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
                Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Please reference this forum post, and put in the body of the email (or subject) ATTN RyanO.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes