NinjaTrader MDB File Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader MDB File Issue

Hello, I'm having issues loading data and charts. If I want charts to work I have to delete the Ninjatrader MDB file before I start ninja everytime.
    If I don't here's what happens. Ninja opens, the charts have all the data on them that they had when I shut it down. I connect to zen-fire, it clears all chart data, and hangs on "Saving...." forever. And I mean forever, it never finishes saving no matter how long it sits there. I tried it for a whole day even.

I tried repairing the DB etc but no go. I did a complete clean install and no go. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

Please delete the workspaces you are using and create a new chart and only pull up one Day back. Does it work then? If so, you are likely pulling up too much backfill on the chart.
    To delete your workspaces:
    • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
    • Open My Documents
    • Go to the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder
    • Go to the Workspaces folder
    • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete
    • Now restart the application and it should start up normally
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. This doesn't work. I deleted all my workspaces and with just one chart open with 1 day backfill I get the same problem. I was only trying to pull 3 days for 1 chart before as I've been trying to fix this.
      Any other suggestions? I just did another clean install and it didn't work.
      I'm using Windows XP 64 bit if that helps. It worked fine for the last 6 months then all of a sudden it does this.

Comment

Hello,

I don't know what it is. Reproduce the issue and send us a note vai help>mail to support so we can look at your log and trace files. In that note, include the link to this thread for our reference.

Comment

Hi, I can't email support. It's locked on "saving" and won't let me do it. I found something in the trace file that I think holds relevance.

2010-05-22 11:50:47:484 Connection to NinjaTrader data server lost: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
          at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextE rrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr)
          at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextF orSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)
          at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText( Object& executeResult)
          at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(Comm andBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)
          at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderIntern al(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
          at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
          at Wilson.ORMapper.Internals.Connection.TransactionCo mmand(Guid transactionId, Type entityType, CommandInfo commandInfo, IDbTransaction transaction, String sqlStatement, Parameter[] parameters)
          at Wilson.ORMapper.Transaction.ExecuteCommand(SelectP rocedure selectProcedure)
          at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsData.Save(Bars bars)
          at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.Save()
          at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.ProcessEventArgs(BarUpdateEv entArgs e)
          at NinjaTrader.Server.Client.Loop()
          2010-05-22 11:50:47:484 ERROR: Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Any idea how to fix that?
          My computer is dual boot and when I boot to Windows 7 it works fine. I don't want to do a complete OS reinstall just to get ninja to work though.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

What is a dual boot? It sounds like that may be your issue. I have never heard of that being supported in NT. Why not just use Win7?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
            95 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes