Back and export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back and export

I currently have ninja 7 beta 15 installed....... with a dtn iq feed as main connection and a zenfire/TT feed as well(as backup connections)
    I am upgrading to windows 7 x64 bit from vista x32, therefore i have to do a clean install.. I already exported all my ninja script indicators separately, but I wanted to have a backup of my account connections saved, as well as my historical trades, thats it. I have a DTN Iq feed which goes back far enough so I don't need all the Tick DATA. Under backup, i have log data/trace files, configuration files, and database checked. I don't need the workspaces, i'd rather start new templates and workspaces to avoid any problems. Can you please explain what each one does, and the setting i've checked are sufficient?

Also, I have the Gom recorder for the gom cd indicator, which saves the bid/ask tick data as a continuous ##-## file as es ##-##.dat, it only goes back 20 days so far, is there anything else i need to backup in order for this to work properly(i already have the indicator ninja script backed up to install separately later)
    Thanks
    Last edited by playafh69; 05-23-2010, 03:37 PM.

playafh69,

Backing up your database will do. As far as the Gom files, you will need to save whatever Gom files it has made. Unfortunately we would not know how Gom works as that is a 3rd party indicator so you may need to consult the original author for those.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok.. so just backup database files... I do need all the connection settings to TT and Zenfire saved as well, since i don't remember the passwords.... Don't i need to save the configuration file for these? or is that in the database files?

What about the log data/trace files... is it necessary to save those? What are those files needed for?

Comment

playafh69,

Database and configuration files should be fine. Log/trace one should not be necessary.

Database would contain your things like historical trade history. Configuration would have your account settings and such.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes