Getting data from MBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting data from MBT

I am getting future data from MB Trading (ES, ER2, CL, ZN ..). It works great most of time. I have Martket Analyzer open with about 15 future contracts loaded, 6 charts with 6 out of these 15 symbols loaded.

One problem bugs me:

When you start NT and then connect to MB. Almost always (8 out of 10) 1 or 2 of the symbols loaded in the Market Analyser will not get updated data from MB. I will need to kill NT, restart NT/reconnect MB. Sometimes I have to restart it 3-4 times to get all the symbols in Market Analyzer getting streaming data. This time, it is ES not getting data, next time it may be CL not getting data, third time may be GC not getting data .. Eventually all symbols getting data but not after several restart.
    Seems ES has more shares of not getting data, but not always. And the only way (if you know other way let me know please) to get streamed data is to restart NT. Removing/adding symbols will not do. Refresing chart will not either..

Note during the whole start/kill/restart process, all these contracts are getting data in the MB's navigator Watchlist from which I compare with the data in the Market analyzer. Data in the navigator is ticking, but not so in Market analyzer.

see this also
    Last edited by gregiii; 08-12-2007, 01:59 PM.

Is there something funny in the logs?

Comment

There is nothing in the log or diagnostics that says anything about missing data. If you turn on diagnostics->marketdata, you will not see entries for the symbols that is not getting data. All that just confirm that this peticular symbols are not getting data and I already know that. No error message that I can find from other diagnostics options. Hope you guys can reproduce and do something about it.

I restarted this morning 3 times to get all data. First ES is not updating, next ZG is not updataing, then ES again...

Comment

Let's try to isolate. First step: please make sure you are disconnected at MBT resets their servers over night.

Comment

I started NT fresh this morning at 7am. Nothing was running before that. I was trying to let NT running overnight but MBT resets stuff kept me from doing that so I was not runing it at all.

Comment

So to double check: as you restart NT, having your workspace set up and connect to MBT, you then would experience trouble below? If that is correct, I would need to connect to you account in order to analyze the problem.

Please PM me at "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com" and provide me:
            - access to your MBT live account (userid and password)
            - your workspace file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/workspaces/Default.xml

Comment

Just sent an email to you. please check.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post LawrenHom  
              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade