Large NinjaTrader.MDB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large NinjaTrader.MDB

Is the NT's preformance influenced by the size of the data file or by the number of days of data loaded to the chart?

My currect NinjaTrader.mdb size is 53M. It has over two monthes of data from MBT. I have 6 charts open with "Days Back" set to 7. It is using about 250M of memeory. Seems taking a lot of memeory, and it slows down my PC when other applications are running also.

I can control the number of days loaded to the chart (down to 3-4 days), but how do I make the size of the data file smaller? Can I or should I delete the older data from the *.mdb file?

Thanks

The size of the DB should not have significant impact on NT's performance. It's rather issues like:
    - how many chart have you opened
    - how many indicators are on there
    - CalculateOnBarClose=True on indicators/strategies/market analyzer columns
    - how big is the lookback period of a chart
    - how many bars are loaded on the market analyzer
    etc...

Comment

>>My currect NinjaTrader.mdb size is 53M. It has over two monthes of data from MBT. I have 6 charts open with "Days Back" set to 7. It is using about 250M of memeory.

Is 250M memeory usage about right?

>>CalculateOnBarClose=True
      My settting on all indicators for this is False. "False" is better than "Ture" in terms of performance?

>>how big is the lookback period of a chart

Are you talking about Format Data Series->Days back" settings? I have set this to 5 days

>>how many bars are loaded on the market analyzer
      In my marekt analyzer, I have last price, netchange, bid, ask, vol, buysellpressure, day high, day low, day vol. I assume only buysellpressure has implication of how many bars loaded. I am using 1Tick on this indicator. That should be the minimum, correct?

Comment

>> Is 250M memeory usage about right?
        Sorry I don't know. As explained below it depends on various factors, non of it is DB size related. 250 MB is not concerning.

>> "False" is better than "Ture" in terms of performance?
        Incorrect. "True" is better.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have got one more related possible bugs to report:

1) On a chart when I bring up "Format Data Series", I choose interval as "tick", Days back as "5", last date as today's date. Which then give me the latest 5 days of tick data. When you close NT today and restart NT tommorow, Days back become 6; then next day it becomes 7 .. two weeks later it becomes 15 etc.

It should stay at 5 since everyday I just want the latest 5 days of data and I shouldn't have to go through every chart to set it to 5 everyday. The reason to limit the number of days is to have NT perform better.

2) Further, if, for example, I select Bars back as "3000" instead of Days back. After restart NT, it automatically goes back to Days back as 4 or 5 depends on how many days 3000 bars correspond to. And then it behaves just like 1) above.

Comment

Issue 1) Resolved for NT 6.5

Issues 2) This is expected behaviour at this time since NT persists the date range between sessions and not the number of bars back

Thanks for bringing this up.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            3 responses