historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data

I am trying to access some past data i had in my Ninja but im not getting anything on my chart. I had all the data from 06-2008 but then deleted these instruments from instrument manager list. Now i would like to load them again but nothing seems to show up. Are these data still kept in my database or not and if yes what do i need to access them?

thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately since you deleted the instrument from the database this also deleted the historical data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Well, ok. I have the historical tick data but never did managed to load it into ninja. Could you maybe try to help me again with that? I have the data in correct format but not sure how to load it. Do i need to add something to instrument manager list first?

Comment

Hello,

Yes you would need to add the instrument to the instrument manger first before importing the historical data if it is a future or forex instrument. Stocks you do not need too.

Then use the following steps below to import the historical data.

Comment

If it is a continuous contract what instrument should i ad for ES or YM?

Comment

You would add the contract as normal. Just when you add the contract to your default lit or pull up the contract you will use the expiry of ES ##-##.

Comment

It seems i did manage to import the data, but cant seem to get it into a chart. Its just empty, i set the dates that should cover imported period. Any idea?

Comment

Hello,

What was the file name of file that you imported into NinjaTrader?

Comment

It was ES.txt

Comment

Another question that just occured to me. What if i find a friend that has this old data that i lost for contracts from 2008, would i be able to transfer it to my PC and not mess up my workspaces and other custom stuff? Say he runs a backup and only selects historical data and than send the DB to me. Would this be doable, and what would i need to add to instrument manager in order to load this data again?

Comment

Hello,

The database holds more then just the historical data. It also store your instruments, executions, and ATM Strategies. This would be lost when importing a database from another computer or more correctly you would have his settings.

The best way to do this is have your friend export the data. Control Center->Tools-Historical data->Export and then send you the exported file and then import the file. Control Center->Tools->Historical Data->Import.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno