Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I map EURUSD to USDCHF forex symbol ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I map EURUSD to USDCHF forex symbol ?

hello,

I want to use TS 8.6 + NT DLL + PFG forex broker for auto trading.

Wanted to ask if I can use the "spot" EURUSD forex chart in TradeStation to generate trading buy and sell signals, but then execute on the USDCHF forex symbol (market) in my PFG broker account, using the NT DLL and NT symbol mapping feature ? Can this be done ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Rod

Hello Rod,

This is possible using TradeStation workspace names. Please see the link below for more information.

The following workspace name routes orders to account #123 and maps trade signals generated by the $SPX.X chart to the S&P Emini March 2007 contract

NinjaTrader;Account=123;Map=$SPX.X,ESH07

However the information is listed as per the email interface with TradeStation. I am not sure if the same applies when using the DLL interface. More information regarding the DLL interface can be found at the following link.

I am not sure if you accomplish your setup using symbol mapping. I suggest to test it first on the sim101 account. Setup the USDCHF instrument to the EURUSD symbol mapping for External and use the USDCHF symbol mapping for Simulator and later PFG.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, thank you for your answer.

Can I use the NT DLL method to send signals generated in TradeStation 8.6 to 2 different brokers? (i dont want to use the email interface)?

thank you for your help.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Hello Rod,

Yes, this is possible using the 'Account parameter'. Please see the link below for information regarding the DLL commands.

Note that you would need a multi broker license in order to trade accounts at multiple brokers.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Regarding my first question i could not get it to work in a simulation account.

I had EURUSD spot forex data from TradeStation (TS) feeding into the NT platform using external data feed feature, so NT had the EURUSD prices showing in the NT platform. Then I tried a NT DLL simple code attached to the USDCHF TS chart to issue a Buy order to NT. and in NT instruments box for USDCHF i tried changing the empty string under the "external" heading to EURUSD and also tried EUR/USD. also tried this under the "simulation" heading too.

could not get it to work as when i use a USDCHF forex chart in TradeStation Ninja Trader tries to only execute on USDCHF symbol. i want to execute on the EURUSD though, but using USDCHF chart in TS.

could you maybe ask Dierk or someone else from NT IT department who might know for sure whether this can be done somehow, as i really need to use NT for this set-up specifically?

thank you. much appreciated.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Rod, I would believe you can just work with a modified NTCommand function for this in TS, in the one we ship the symbol name is hardcoded in to retrieve the one you're running on -

Code:

NTCommand = Command(Cmd,  Account, GetSymbolName, Action, Quantity, OrderType, LimitPrice, StopPrice, TimeInForce, Oco,
                OrderId, Template, Strategy);
            You could issue that call invidually tailored to any symbol you wish using the DLL interface functions.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thank you for your reply and idea. In the NTCommand function you provided if I change the "GetSymbolName" to say "EURUSD" would I then have to make any changes to the NTCommand function in TradeStation (like in the inputs line or DefineDLLFunc line ??) ??

This is the code i have in the TS functions list for the NTCommand:

{ Copyright (c) 2005, NinjaTrader LLC [email protected] }

DefineDLLFunc: "NtDirect.dll", int, "Command", lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, int, lpstr, double, double, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr;

inputs: Cmd(string), Account(string), Action(string), Quantity(numericsimple),
              OrderType(string), LimitPrice(numericsimple), StopPrice(numericsimple), TimeInForce(string), Oco(string),
              OrderId(string), Template(string), Strategy(string);

NTCommand = Command(Cmd, Account, GetSymbolName, Action, Quantity, OrderType, LimitPrice, StopPrice, TimeInForce, Oco,
              OrderId, Template, Strategy);

Comment

Rod, no I don't believe so as everything else stays the same - just make yourself a copy of the user function then to be used for the EURUSD submitting for the USDCHF symbol.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes