Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart displaying output from Strategy not running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart displaying output from Strategy not running?

V7
    When I create a NEW chart it sometimes displays the trades from a strategy that is not loaded on that chart. If I change instruments from the Default list in the upper left the trades for that instrument appear sometimes duplicated.

Ghost?

See uploaded pic. Notice that there is no loaded strategy.
    Attached Files

Partial answer

I reset simulation history and it reset the trades. I had traded that instrument today. Was I expecting to see the trades I had made today showing in a chart when I created the chart as new?

Comment

Hello GuyFB,

Could it be these executions occurred in real-time in a previous session? If 'Plot executions' is set to TextAndMarker, it will display all historical executions in the chart. To exclude the display of these executions, please set 'Plot executions' to DoNotPlot.

What beta version do you have currently installed? You can check this at Help--About.

Are there any similarities between the occurrences when executions remained upon switching instruments?

If you reset the sim101 account, it will remove all trades as per the sim101 account in the database.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,
        These were executions from previous sessions. What is interesting in looking at the trades is that I think that they occurred over several days but plotted on the chart as if they occurred on one day. Don't have a way to verify as I have now deleted the trades.

Why is it that NJ clears the trades at the end of the day when the strategies are disabled but then displays the trades by default when a new chart is opened. Seems contridictory and confusing.

I am glad to know I can display past trades but wish it was by choice not default.

Comment

Hello GuyFB,

Could it be the trades that disappear when disabling your strategy did not actually occur? These executions were displayed initially since your strategy is applied on all historical data in your chart.

Comment

Jason,
            A follow up to the last post.

At the end of the day when the markets closed I went back to test a change to the strategy that had been running by created a new chart. This new chart showed the days closed trades even though it was in a different workspace.

Now if I set "Plot Executions" to off then I will not see the previous days trades nor will I see the trades that for the testing I will be doing on the changed strategy.

My only option is to clear the account of previous runs.

Comment

If 'Plot executions' is set to TextAndMarker and you apply any automated strategy in a chart, it will display historical executions that would have occurred.

If you set it to DoNotPlot, you will not see any executions at all.

Comment

Jason,
                You are correct. BUT:::

Lets say you have real time trades that have executed on instrument "XON" today that you wish to keep for accounting purposes.

Lets say you also wish to test a strategy on "XON" so you open a new workspace and chart within that workspace and add "XON". Now you would like only to test and not have the screen cluttered with past trades.

What to you set so you can keep the history of past trades and YET still test with a clean slate. I think this is a reasonable request.

Comment

Hello GuyFB,

I see what you mean. However when you apply the strategy in a new chart, it should not list the real-time trades that executed earlier. Once the strategy is applied, it will only list the historical executions of the strategy that would have occurred.

Once you removed the strategy from the chart, it will display the real-time executions again. I tested this in NinjaTrader 7.0.0.16 and it works as expected.

Comment

Jason,
                    OK! I understand the logic.

New Question but related.

Is there a way to only show the average price for a real time execution rather than the individual fills. It really clutters up a chart when you get 5 or 6 fills. You may wish to know that at some point but when you are just trying to get a system tested it becomes a nuisance.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported. Each execution will be listed in the chart. You could set 'Plot executions' to MarkersOnly as well, so it will not plot all the text in the chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ScottWalsh  
                      Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes