NT data is lagging behind IB datafeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT data is lagging behind IB datafeed

Most of the time when I compare the data in NT with the market data in the TWS screen from IB, everything looks perfectly simultaneous.
    However, sometimes this is not the case and the data lags one tick behind and the wrong price in NT just sits there until the next tick arrives. See screenshot as proof, the ES as example.

Is this a known issue or is there any solution? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your first forum post.

This is not a known issue or at least I have not come across it. However lets start with the basics.

1) Please check your version of NinjaTrader. Current release of NinjaTrader is version 6.5.1000.15, please check this by going to Control Center->Help->About...

If you are running an older version of NinjaTrader please download the latest version of NinjaTrader Here:

Make sure to close NinjaTrader before you install the updated version of NinjaTrader, all of your settings will be maintained. Let me know if you needed to upgrade.

2) Also, please check your IB version. NinjaTrader support TWS 900 only. If you are using a version other then TWS 900 please upgrade or downgrade your installation of TWS by using the download link on the following page:

Please make sure you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader and also please make sure that you are using the supported version of TWS. We only support TWS 900 and we do not support updated versions of TWS. Let me know if you needed to change anything.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

...but the problem is still there, currently running v. 6.5. build 16.

I did not try to downgrade to TWS 900 since I obviously do not want to use an outdated version, even if it solves the problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Exhorder,

We have updated the version of TWS that we presently support, which is 906. So please make sure that is the current version of TWS that you are using.

Additionally, can you please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once you reset the instruments please create a new chart and see if the lag in data persists.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post FrancisMorro  
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses