ZN Custom Tick Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZN Custom Tick Size

The ZN Tick size should be .003125 so that the prices show up as 107 105/320 instead of 107 21/64. however this tick size is not available when editing the instrument. Is it possible to add this tick size or are the tick sizes hard coded?

CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace offering the widest range of futures and options products for risk management.

ZN is traded in halfs of a 32th. NT represents this as 64th. Unfortunately there is no way to change that.

Comment

Well I'd like to suggest that you either allow the tick size list to be customized by the user or add .003125. Any semi-professional trader will be looking at all US treasuries in relation to the bond which trades in 1/32 and is considered one tick in all the treasuries. The ZN is commonly referred to as trading in half ticks rather than 64ths.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list.

Comment

I would just like to add my support for a price change in the treasuries.

I can assure you in the cash market for treasuries as well as most futures platforms 64ths is not the convention. It is either 107 12+ or 107 125 to express 107.390625. Using 64ths might seem like a simple solution except when you try trading off the cash market when its expressed in halfs.
          With these unneeded mental conversions, a trader who trades or even watches basis is not likley to consider NT until this is addressed.

Json

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM