HELp with viewing Profit/Loss.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELp with viewing Profit/Loss.........

So here's my question.... I am wondering if there is a way for me to view how much $ I am up at anytime dureing the day while Trading. So, say I am up 4 points so far for the day, I want to be able to view it as +$200 , etc. Can this be done with Ninja? Thanks - Mike

Hello Mike,

You can view PnL at multiple locations in the software. Order entry windows such as the SuperDOM and ChartTrader will display unrealized PnL for your current position. You will have the option to have it display realized PnL as well by configuring the properties menu of the order entry window (right click and select properties).

Unrealized PnL can be viewed in the Control Center-->Positions-tab as well.

The Accounts-tab will display realized PnL too.

In addition, you can generate performance reports using the Account Performance-tab. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem with PnL Display in points

I currently trade ES and 6E using chart trader. I am not able to get Ninjatrader display PnL in ticks/points. I appreciate any help. In chart trader, I can see the running PnL in $ but not in points/ticks. I tried setting in chart trader properties to display PnL as points. But it still shows the $ value. I doubt the issue is specific to chart trader. I have same problem in account summary tabs. In performance tabs, currency & % options work fine but "points" option shows the $ value. Not sure if I am supposed to configure some other property or is it a bug in the product. Can you please advise? NinjaTrader version: 7.0.0.16 Regards

Comment

Hello atrader123,

Please upgrade to the current version of the beta, 7.0.0.17, then test again and let me know if the issue persists: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Quick question...If I upgrade to 7.0.0.17 would I loose the data and workspaces I have now in 7.0.0.16?
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello atrader123,

Please upgrade to the current version of the beta, 7.0.0.17, then test again and let me know if the issue persists: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Comment

Hello atrader123,

See the post below for what information can be migrated from the 6.5 installation.
            Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I am using NT 7.0.0.16. Can you point me to any url that describes moving from NT 7.0.0.16 -> 7.0.0.17. If there is any way I can migrate without loosing trade data, scripts and work spaces I have created in NT 7.0.0.16 that would be great.
              Checking whether NinjaTrader shows PnL correctly in points for 6E should be relatively easy. Can any one confirm this is not a bug in NT 7.0.0.17. If it is a bug then I will be going thru migration again for nothing. On other hand if PnL display works correctly for these instruments (6E & ES) that's great and I can migrate.
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              Hello atrader123,

See the post below for what information can be migrated from the 6.5 installation.
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=21019

Comment

Following post in your forum accurately describes the problem I am requesting help for. Please let me know if this is still an unresolved defect in NT 7.0.0.17. </br>http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=28780 </br> Regards
                Originally posted by atrader123 View Post
                Thanks. I am using NT 7.0.0.16. Can you point me to any url that describes moving from NT 7.0.0.16 -> 7.0.0.17. If there is any way I can migrate without loosing trade data, scripts and work spaces I have created in NT 7.0.0.16 that would be great.
                Checking whether NinjaTrader shows PnL correctly in points for 6E should be relatively easy. Can any one confirm this is not a bug in NT 7.0.0.17. If it is a bug then I will be going thru migration again for nothing. On other hand if PnL display works correctly for these instruments (6E & ES) that's great and I can migrate.

Comment

Hi atrader123,

I just checked the profit and cumulative profit in NinjaTrader 7.0.0.17 and do see those values for the 6E instrument.

Also, when you upgrade from 7.0.0.16 you will not lose any information that is currently within that version, as this is an upgrade, which includes bug fixes and not a complete reinstall of the application.
                  Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan, Thanks for checking the issue. I will try upgrading to 7.0.0.17. Regards
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                    Hi atrader123,

I just checked the profit and cumulative profit in NinjaTrader 7.0.0.17 and do see those values for the 6E instrument.

Also, when you upgrade from 7.0.0.16 you will not lose any information that is currently within that version, as this is an upgrade, which includes bug fixes and not a complete reinstall of the application.

Comment

Hello Ryan,
                      I have upgraded to NT 7 v18. The problem remains same. Profit columns for 6E in "Points" Mode does not display correct values. If mode is "Currency" then values are displayed correctly. This is not specific to "Accounts Performance" tab.

Please advise.
                      Regards

Comment

Hello atrader123,

Can you let us know some example values you're seeing for profit on this instrument when using points and currency?

For example: I'm showing Cumulative Profit as .0601 for Points and $7512.50 for Currency.

Comment

Hello Ryan,
                          I will be happy to send screenshot of profit values in "Points" and "Currency" mode. Please let me know email address/if there is a way to attach with the post.

The values in point mode currently show up as 0. For example, a $387.50 cumulative profit in currency mode shows up as 0 in "points" mode. Does ninjatrader truncate values to two decimal places when it displays data?

Regards

Comment

Just FYI...Noticed just now that when I export the account performance data to excel and manually designate the profit columns in excell to "Number" type with 4 decimals then the values show up correctly. This is the same data I see in ninjatrader UI as 0's.

I suspect ninjatrader is truncating the decimals to two digits. Is there any variable I can set to not truncate?

Comment

What you're seeing should be fixed in the latest version 18. It only displayed to two decimal points, effectively limiting the information here.

Can you test with a fresh database to see if you're seeing the same results?

Renaming the database will allow NinjaTrader to create a new one. You would lose any historical data, trade executions, and saved ATM strategy templates. You can always restore if it this doesn't resolve for you.

To rename the DB:
                              • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                              • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.sdf.
                              • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename."
                              • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.sdf."
                              • Then restart the software.
                              Place a couple trades with the new database and let us know if you're still seeing the same thing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes