Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop problem durring high volatile market

hii
    first of all, its the first time that i trade futures, so meybe the problem its me
    anyway. i tried to demo (didnt fund real money yet) with Zen-fire connection
    but when i try to use the ATM at high volatile market (its the only way im trading) im gettin out the trade automaticly without reason after 1 second. with 1-4 ticks loss or profit
    and its happend again and again only durrin volatile market

i uploaded a pic show my last trade
    ATM
    stop loss: 10
    profit target: 10
    auto breakeven: 6, +1
    auto trail: disabled
    real-time tick filter- off

6J contract entry 0.011052, stop 0.011055

and i want to know before i deposit my account if
    1) if the demo fills same as the live fills
    2) if i will disable my auto breakeven and my stop loss, or trade without ATM, can it still happend again? (position exit)
    3) how i can fix this problem

thanx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shortybugi; 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM.

Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

This may be due to your Stop Loss being very close to the current trading price. During a volitile market the price may move very rapidly which may trigger your Stop Loss Order very quickly.

1. The orders you submit presenly within the simulation account reside on your PC and do not actually get broadcasted to the broker or exchange therefore executions will not be exactly the same. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the simulation account.

2. If you have not Stop Loss or Profit Target active you will be required to exit the position manually.

3. Unfortunately there is not a fix to this issue when trading during volitile markets.

Risks of Electronic Trading

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

This may be due to your Stop Loss being very close to the current trading price. During a volitile market the price may move very rapidly which may trigger your Stop Loss Order very quickly.

1. The orders you submit presenly within the simulation account reside on your PC and do not actually get broadcasted to the broker or exchange therefore executions will not be exactly the same. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the simulation account.

2. If you have not Stop Loss or Profit Target active you will be required to exit the position manually.

3. Unfortunately there is not a fix to this issue when trading during volitile markets.

Risks of Electronic Trading

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

i still didnt understood what really happend in my last trade
      i tell him to stop loss in 10 ticks and he exit at +3 ticks above my breakeven (when i set it to +1 ticks)

so. i dont know what is the reason
      meybe its cuz my "auto breakeven" +6 was hit then the spread got wider and did it 0.011055 instead 0.011053

or meybe my stop loss or my profit target was too low and the spread was too high so the market did really went anywhere and get me out 1 second after i filled

i need to know what was the reason so i can try to fix my problem (early exit)
      is this probem can to be caused only if i set "stop loss" values or its can be with "profit target" too?

The orders you submit presenly within the simulation account reside on your PC and do not actually get broadcasted to the broker or exchange therefore executions will not be exactly the same. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the simulation account.
      i traded forex over 3 years and their execution in demo is not even close to the live executin.
      so i need to know if i will get better or worst fills on live account?

and anyway. what is the simulated stop?
      Last edited by shortybugi; 05-27-2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

When trading Forex the Stop Loss Order is recognized as a Market Order so when your Stop Loss Order is triggered it will fill at the current market price.

Unfortunately it is hard to say if executions will be better or worse when trading into a live account compared to simulation.

A Simulated Stop is a Stop Order that will remain locally on your PC and will not be sent to your broker until the order has been triggered.

Comment

ok
          but i still dont know what caused my early exit
          is it becouse my breakeven? current bid\ask volume? my low stop loss? my low profit target?

what happend?
          if i will change my stop loss to 30ticks, can it help?

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

In the note please include the time this occurred, the instrument traded and the price of the execution.

Comment

sent.....
              ///

Comment

im sorry but the problem aint solved yet
                can anybody tell me why i get an early exit at impact market?

Comment

Hello,

I believe that we are in contact via email.
                  Please follow up with me there.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                  4 responses