Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the best setup for trading futures exclusively? I also need NYSE data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best setup for trading futures exclusively? I also need NYSE data.

Hello everyone,

I am planning to open an account with an online broker in the immediate future and will most likely use NinjaTrader, having enjoyed the platform very much in simulation mode, thank you very much

NinjaTrader + Zen Fire looks like a great combination. I have looked at both Amp Futures and Mirus Futures and they seem decent.

However, I also need data from the NYSE (the NYSE tick, advancers vs decliners and sector EFTs for the S&P500 universe) and this is not provided by Zen.

It seems like Barchart is a popular datafeed at an affordable price.

But how would this work in practice? Would Barchart replace the Zen Fire data feed? Or can I use Barchart only for the market internals that I need from NYSE?

A little confused here.

Would be very nice to hear what setup most guys end up using. I`m open for all suggestions. The only thing that is pretty much decided is that I want to use NT.

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Hello Johnny,

You will connect to both connections simultaneously. Please see the link below for more information regarding multiple connections.

I suggest to connect to Zen-Fire first and BarChart second. That way all futures data is retrieved from Zen-Fire and all other instrument type data will be retrieved from BarChart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jason,

Thank you for your fast reply

I might go for this option, but I am considering other alternatives as well. Are you aware of many people who use this combination successfully?

"Live Charts" from eSignal can give me the same market internals. I`ll have to do some more research on this before I decide.

Quick question:

I have not looked for it yet, but I suppose it is possible to set up watch lists in NinjaTrader? For example if I go for Barchart, can I set up a small window that shows all the sector EFTs for the S&P 500 universe? Showing daily change in % and colored text showing if it is up or down?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Yes, there are many users that use this combination successfully.

eSignal is a supported data feed which can be used to load NYSE data as well.

Yes, you can use the Market Analyzer to watch multiple instruments. More information can be found at the link below.

You can add a NetChange column to the Market Analyzer that will display in percent. Subsequently you can add two color conditions to indicate if it is up or down. See the links below.

Add columns

Color conditions

Comment

I 2 am looking foe most affordable setup. i need futured which i have zen, but need @tick. i have esig but it is @129/month! So can someone vouch for good tick data with barchart?

Comment

Hello stifland,

Historical tick data is supported with BarChart as per the link below.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello stifland,

Historical tick data is supported with BarChart as per the link below.
              http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
              Needing real-time.

Comment

stifland,

I have not decided for anything yet, but I have pretty much decided to not use Barchart. I talked to a guy who had not reached them either by mail or phone even though he tried several times. I have also heard some mixed stuff from other people.

I don`t want to take any chances, so I think I will go for eSignal.

$129 is for the charting platform as well, right?

If you are only interested in the data feed, the price should be lower.

Let us know if you find out something

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  stifland,

I have not decided for anything yet, but I have pretty much decided to not use Barchart. I talked to a guy who had not reached them either by mail or phone even though he tried several times. I have also heard some mixed stuff from other people.

I don`t want to take any chances, so I think I will go for eSignal.

$129 is for the charting platform as well, right?

If you are only interested in the data feed, the price should be lower.

Let us know if you find out something

will do, I have an email in to support about data only. Will break down and call if I don't hear anything

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason