Existing Templates for Market Analyzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existing Templates for Market Analyzer?

Hi folks, great to be here though finding it difficult to get up to speed with NT crossing over from other charting platforms.

Now, not trying to sound harsh here, but NT seems like quite a handful to get a grip on for certain features that I would have thought would have been there by default compared to many other platforms.

I know there are many features and combinations with NT, but it seems they always have to be programmed for everything you try to do rather than having some existing Out of the Box setups which would be easier to add to or delete rather than building them up manually or having to ask NT support every time or then read through hundreds of threads to get an answer that says see custom programmers to realise the whole trading day has already passed and we are no further forward.

Some of these features would be

1. For stocks, that the MA would display relative colour values of green or red or if the stock was trading above its opening price etc and black if there was no change as well as the Net change being red or green if the stock is up or down.

2. That in a MA template, the ability to click on a stock in the MA which actually broadcasts to 3 other charts when you click the stock. Or a broadcast button in the column next to the stock so if you click on the stock, it transmits to some Linked charts which may be a 1 min, 5 min and 15 minute charts accordingly. Is this possible?

Again, not having a go here, just calling it as I see or experience it. I would love to purchase the product but I guess my expectations for some of the common features which are already pre-set or included with "many" other platforms would have been there by default already.

Hello studio88,

1. You can use the default color condition to color the NetChange column to red or green when it is up or down.

The other color display is not supported by default and would require a custom indicator. I will forward the suggestion to have such color condition supported by default to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations of the software.

2. This is supported by window linking the Market Analyzer and the charts to the same color. You will need to set the 'L' button in the upper right corner of each window to the same color. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply mate,

Yeah, I noticed that on the NetChange, no worries about that one, as that one is piss easy.

With regards to the other column colours, I guess that is because we cannot Add any of the Existing columns to the Cell Conditions section of Editing the of Columns in question which obviously includes itself or the other two in some (bid, or ask, or last) type combination, though Im just a little surprised by that, being with all these Coding Guru's everywhere doing wild stuff, I would have thought that was an easy task to implement into the Core of the program itself. ahh well.

I sussed out the the colour linking, LOL dont know what got into me, saw it and thought it had something to do with chart background colours. hahaaaa so guess I just need to consistently keep using the program till I know it back to front.

Guess I am just still adapting, but no doubt, will get there.

Cheers again.

Comment

Hello studio88,

Correct, color conditions can only use numeric values to compare. You could enter the Open price as numeric value to setup such a color condition, however you would need to manually change the value each day.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lorem
        by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
        0 responses