Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opentick - natural gas

Hello there

I have recently downloaded NT and have been using it to monitor a number of futures using Opentick (through historical analysis).

One of the instruments I would like to monitor is Natural Gas Sep 07 on the "BT" exchange (a CBOT listed code for a future on NYMEX according to Opentick's symbol index), but I cannot seem to get this future working with NT (or any other energy for that matter (e.g. crude oil (CL))). Futures like corn (with the default NT info) work fine.

I have tried "NG|BT" and numerous other combinations in the NT instrument manager, but the data downloaded is very obscure and certain does not match up to this symbol (see http://quote.barchart.com/quote.asp?...U07&code=BSTK).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hello:

Thank you for your post.

We have a known limitation with NYMEX/Globex activity within NinjaTrader and Open Tick.

The issues will be resolved by Fall Time Frame with the release of NT 6.5 in beta.

Try this and see if you are able to receive data for the CL...

Go to Tools > Instrument Manager and remove the CL contract from your default list. Then, choose the CL contract from the Available Master Instrument List and choose 'Edit' and change the 'exchange' field from NYMEX to Globex.

Re-add the contract to your Default List and choose 'OK'.

Now connect and attempt to receive data.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to do anything for me, but I'll quite happily wait for this new beta.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello:

Thank you for your reply.

I spoke with development and the CL contract will have the NYMEX exchange set as default option for the next updated release of NT 6, not NT 6.5

I do not have an exact eta on this new release, but it should be within the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CL with opentick

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
          Hello:

Thank you for your reply.

I spoke with development and the CL contract will have the NYMEX exchange set as default option for the next updated release of NT 6, not NT 6.5

I do not have an exact eta on this new release, but it should be within the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,
          just got the latest 6.5 beter from ninjatrader and would like to know if its now possible to see CL (crude oil) daily charts from an opentick feed? and if yes what do i need to configure?

Comment

Miscellaneous Support

Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to view the CL with OpenTick, as they do not have the NYMEX data feed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH