Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Profile

Hello -

Is there a way to prevent the loss of chart volume profile data when I exit NT...and then return?

It seems that my volume profile builds nicely as long as my charts are up and running but the moment that I save/shut down, and re-open...that data is gone.

Please advise.

Also - I'd like to have the vol profile data displayed on the right hand side of my chart as opposed to the left hand side. Can this be done?

(I run 6.5.1000.14)

Thanks!

The moving part can be done with some modification in the area of lines 217 to 223. For example, if you add some number of pixels to xpos in line 217

217 int xpos = bounds.X;

that will shift the histogram to the right. With a bit more work to understand the role of xpos, and the "bounds" data you could right justify the whole thing if you wanted to. You could also change the scaling with some changes to the bar width definitions in the lines above (213-215).

Others have asked about the loss of the data on restart, or even changing a parameter in some indicator. From what I have read here, there may be a fix coming in V7, but I am no expert. Hopefully someone who is will reply.

Comment

Unfortunately the loss of data as per the VolumeProfile indicator is as expected. It will only plot values on real-time data as per the link below.

It is not supported to locate the indicator to the right side by default. However as HNWtrader mentions this is possible by changing the code.

HNWtrader, thank you for stepping in.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, Yesterday, 03:01 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
      4 responses