X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KineTick

Hi

A couple of questions re kinetick.

1) Any idea of an expected go live date?

2) When loading history will tick data be loaded tick by tick (I see from there website there will be 30 days available)

Thanks

Hello murfinp,

Thank you for your post.

In responses to your first question, we are planning to begin beta-testing next week. An official live release date has not been set.

Please clarify what you mean by loading tick data “tick by tick”. Do you have a reference example or scenario in mind?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello murfinp,

Thank you for your post.

In responses to your first question, we are planning to begin beta-testing next week. An official live release date has not been set.

Please clarify what you mean by loading tick data “tick by tick”. Do you have a reference example or scenario in mind?

I look forward to hearing from you.
      Hi

I mean when I start NT7 using a KineTick feed will the bars be built from Tick data so that indicators that need tick data (e.g. cummulative delta based indicators) can be built properly and we will see the end of indicators that can only work in real-time

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by murfinp View Post
        Hi

I mean when I start NT7 using a KineTick feed will the bars be built from Tick data so that indicators that need tick data (e.g. cummulative delta based indicators) can be built properly and we will see the end of indicators that can only work in real-time

thanks
        Thanks for this clarification.

What you are looking for is to replicate how bars are built in real time (from each incoming tick) so that indicators that use real time tick information can be rebuilt from historical data. In this context, the answer is no, NinjaTrader does not create historical bars by loading individual ticks and replaying them to form each bar.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Thanks for this clarification.

What you are looking for is to replicate how bars are built in real time (from each incoming tick) so that indicators that use real time tick information can be rebuilt from historical data. In this context, the answer is no, NinjaTrader does not create historical bars by loading individual ticks and replaying them to form each bar.
          Hi Ray

Um .. shame so how can you build a renko chart history when u dont have fixed block sizes ... u must be processing each tick for that?

Thanks

Comment

Hi murfinp,

Renko bars will work fine - Kinetick does have tick data (I don't know how far back...)
            However all indicators which work only in real time will behave same way.

Bottom line: nothing will change if you switch from zen-fire or other datafeed to kinetick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post kujista
            by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
            1 response