Current Day's Data Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Day's Data Only

Has anyone found a way to have a 1-minute and 5-minute chart show just the current day's data? That is, upon the stock exchanges opening, I want to see one bar, then two bars, then three bars and so on. I don't want to see anything from the previous day. I've tried formatting the data series, but the minimum days back is one day. I'd like to be able to set it to zero days back.

Hi TheCatMan,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible with two things.

1. A Chart template that has the session begins and ends times defined to be only open market times. Please see the following link on chart templates.

2. When formatting the data series set the start date to the same day as the last date. That way you will have only that one day loaded.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tried your recommendations without success. I want to be able to save a workspace and to be able to open it each day with only the current day's data being displayed. Entering the start date on a bunch of charts eadh day would be a headache. Plus this is only a temporary solution. If you change the symbol or anything else on the chart the previous day's data appearsn and you have to reenter the start date again. Reason, even though you enter today as the start date, it is stored as the day before. Has anyone found a more perminent solution?

Comment

TheCatMan,

I have forwarded you suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.

However, the methods I suggested are the only way I was able to get only one day's worth of data at this present time.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes