Fib indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fib indicator

hi i change my fib indicator and add colors and more numbers to it and put attach to all my ES charts but i cant save the template and every time i close that and need to draw another one it will go back to the default setting , how can i save that setting so i dont have to redo all my changes????
    thanx

Hello saeed,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using?
    To check, click Help > About.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

7.0.0.16 live

Comment

Hi saeed,

Thank you for the clarification.

After making the changes to the properties of this Fib drawing object:
        • Right click in the Properties menu and select Templates > Save As.
        • To save these settings as the new default, name the template 'Default'.

Comment

If you don't mind me adding a small clarification because I also fumbled through this eidt: All you have to do is "right click" ANY WHERE WITHIN THE PROPERTIES WINDOW, there is no menu selection which for some reason I was expecting/looking for

Comment

I see that its a post from a long time ago. but I'm having this problem also

I'm testing NinjaTrader (as of last night 7.0.0.16) and I find no way to make my changes to the Fibs stick. I've tried setting default for the window, I've tried a template called Default... making a new chart...

I'm sure there's a way but this seems significantly different than NT 6... maybe I'm wrong.

-glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your post.

To confirm, you have tried right clicking in the Fib Properties menu, selecting Templates > Save As and saving your settings in a template named 'Default', correct?

Comment

Kyle,

If I select the Fib and right click, there is no menu option as you describe (maybe I misunderstand you)

I select the Fib, right click and get to properties. I can change the template to Default... but there is no "save as" as part of the Fib popup.

I thought your reply referred to saving the entire chart as "Default" which didn't work either (which makes sense... but I gave it a shot anyways)

Noticeably absent in the Fib popup panel is a "Set Default" setting.

Even in the same chart, any other Fibs created with Default don't take... and it doesn't go to other charts either.

-glenn

Comment

Hi!

This is really really confusing. The functionality is hidden to users that are not familiar to the software. And you guys at NT have to keep answering the same questions over and over. This goes for the ATM templates too.

In the properties window...Instead of the right-mouse-click, I would suggest that there be a Save button along the bottom (next to the OK, Apply, and Cancel) that opens the manage templates window. OR you could have the manage templates in a tab, so then you would have General, Data, and Templates.

my .02

Comment

Hi Glenn,

You'll need to double-click on the Fib object to load it's specific Properties menu (where colors and percentages are changed).

It is in that window that you will want to right click and select 'Manage Templates' (pardon the typo in the last message), and save as Default.

Comment

Hi trade.ripper,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.

Comment

So, the strategy is to right click on the popup window? I was surprised to see "Manage Templates..." come up.

IMHO, and in agreement with another poster, this approach is a significant deviation from convention. Right clicking is great, but right clicking on the modal popup itself where other buttons, pull-downs etc. is, to say the least, non-obvious and, well, "not to put too fine a point on it", a "bold and courageous" approach (obscure "Yes Minister" reference :-)

Thanks for your help.

-glenn

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post lorem
                        by lorem

Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM