DTN/IQFeed Connectivity/port problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTN/IQFeed Connectivity/port problems

I have a connection with Mirus/Zenfire that is working perfectly.

This week I tried adding one for DTN/IQFeed and cannot get it to work. I've temporarily turned off the software firewalls and even opened up all the ports on my router.

Wondered if any other Ninja customers have had this problem with DTN?

My ISP is Sprint PCS.

Brooks

P.S. Coincidentally, I'm having the same problem trying to do a demo with www.trade-ideas.com

brooksrimes,

I've had nothing but problems for 6 months with connection as a second feed from DTNIQ. I have Zenfire with Zaner. I went back and fourth with support with Ninja and DTNiQ I finally dropped DTN IQ recently. I'm getting use to having no cash, Trin & Tick Data. Saving me extra $ as well. It has taken me up to 1 1/2 hours to connect with hang ups & rebooting. Very frustrating when we need to concentrate on trading. I just gave up on iQ after having them for over a year. I have been connecting on the first try with ZenFire with no problems now.

Comment

Thanks for writing Josh. I can't connect to IQFeed at all.

What are other choices for stock feeds that work with Ninja and users are happy with?

Brooks

Comment

b,
        Not sure on stock feed...I'm futures trading only. Maybe someone else can help.
        Some will probably suggest Esignal though.

Comment

Problem with DTN IQFeed

When I connected today with DTNIQ I got the following error and ended up having to reinstall NT7. Same problem happened again. So I uninstalled DTN, re-re-installed NT7 and reloaded a Pre-DTN restore point. Once I connected with ZenFire everything is fine. But My trades are no longer getting plotted on my chart.

I can not upload my trade report to this forum? Why? I am going to send it through support. But since I did a clean re-install I have no idea if I lost the log and trace files.

This morning DTN (a sales rep) responded it is not their fault, it is NT's fault. I say if you build an add-on you need to make sure it is compatable.

This is the 1st real problem I have had with beta 16 and have pushed it to the limit at least as far as my trading goes. Having 500 open contracts (the post below show a max of only 100, but I did a 500 one a few before) open in chart trader is pushing this product pretty hard & NT preformed perfectly.

See: http://www.bigmiketrading.com/43747-post283.html
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ZTR; 06-06-2010, 10:57 AM. Reason: Spelling & added comment

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

Yes plaese send in your log in trace files to support at ninjatrader dot com so that we may further assist with this error.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100606 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100606 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_Brett;171163
              Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100606 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100606 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

I look forward to assisting you further.[/QUOTE]

I have sent these to support {326230}

DTNIQ just crashed NT when it started looking for contracts that were not there. It was putting contracts into workspace that were not there before. I uninstalled IQ and reinstalled NT and am running Zen Fire now. But I would really like to get IQ to work and am willing to try again.

Will Kinetick provide the same level of data that DTN seems to deliver (when it works) as I start beta testing that when it is bundled into beta 17.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Got it, I will follow up with you there.

Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post Jltarrau  
                Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes