Using Kinetick EOD (free) connection..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Kinetick EOD (free) connection..

I noticed the Kinetick EOD (free) connection no my most recent version of NT7, yet after hours (and over the weekend) when I select this data feed as my connection (I'm trading ES 06-10), I'm not seeing any data on the NT7 SuperDom... is there something more that I should be doing? I had figured it was going to ask me for a date (like the NT Market Replay feature) that I wanted to run the Kinetick EOD data for(?) Am I misunderstanding what Kinetick EOD connection means? Please explain what more I need to do, or what exactly this EOD connection means...
    Thank you for your time and assistance..

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

The Kinetick EOD connection stands for End of Day. It supplies End Of Day Daily data for futures, forex and equities. The free service will allow you to pull up a daily chart and does not supply market replay data, level 2 data for the superDOM, and does not supply live data or tick and minute data. For this you will need to subscribe to the full Kinetick Service which is in beta testing currently and a release date has not been announced yet for release of the service besides soon.

Please see this following announcment on the Kinetick data feed:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

i have the same problem as you. I try to connect but nothing happens

Comment

Originally posted by talebi818 View Post
        i have the same problem as you. I try to connect but nothing happens
        Can you please clarify what you mean by nothing happens so I may further assist.

Are you attempting to open a Daily chart for Equities, Forex or Futures while connected? If so can you please tell me what instrument you are attempting to load so I may test on my end.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The connection goes through but it will not allow me to access Futures Daily data, and it only lets me access some Daily data for certain stocks.

Comment

Hello,

To be able to get futures daily data you need to change NinjaTrader AutoMerge function off since this is not required for EOD data for futures.

To do this goto Control Center->Tools->Options->Data Tab-> Then Set the Merge Policy to DoNotMerge. Then try and pull up a daily chart and you should be successful.

If not please let me know what error you receive when you try to pull the chart up or if the chart just stays blank.

Comment

now it says "Error on loading chart data for 'ES 06-10 Default': Unable to load historcal data: uknown instrument."

Comment

Hello,

The error message shows where the error is. The error message shows that you have the ES mapped to the Default exchange. This is not a default custom mapping and indicates this mapping has been changed. Do you know why you changed it in case there is a reason you need it mapped to this exchange.

Otherwise if there is no reason you can think of I would recommend resetting your instrument list.

You can reset the instrument manager following the instructions below.
                Disconnect from your connection by going to Control Center->File->Disconnect->(Your Active Connection).
                Then in the Control Center->Tools->Options->Data Tab.
                You will see the reset instruments button in that tab. Click on that and then restart NinjaTrader after it has finished resetting the instrument manager.

Then let me know if you are able to pull up the ES daily chart.

Comment

ok that did it

thank you so much

Comment

EOD data for ES

My charts does not update EOD data from kinetick any more (last was 6-21). Any ideas why?
                    NT 7.17. Instrument ES.

Comment

EOD data for ES

Just check the Data Series tab and the date was set to 6-21. Once I put today's date it updated. Do I have to change date manually all the time?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rocketman7  
                      Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby