Explanation:Entry name: External

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explanation:Entry name: External

I have a number of automated strategies running but on Friday I had a postion entered with an entry name " external" which my strategies or myself have not entered( see screenshot) the strategy field is blank.Can you explain what is happening here.
    Regards Waza
    Attached Files

Waza, this would likely be a position you externally managed (not with NT) and so it would be synced up as you connect as 'External' one.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Waza, this would likely be a position you externally managed (not with NT) and so it would be synced up as you connect as 'External' one.
      Not sure what you mean here but I do no other trading other than automated strategies through Ninja/Gain.
      I did notice however that when I brought up a chart with the same fx pair in my other ninja platform that I use for strategy development that it showed a trade that was labelled external but I couldn't have accidently triggered the trade because platform settings are sim101 by default.

Comment

The other, development platform still connects to your live accout at Gain, correct? So it could show trades from this account associated to the instrument selected.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

T
          he other, development platform still connects to your live accout at Gain, correct? So it could show trades from this account associated to the instrument selected.
          Yes thats correct but I still don't see how the trade would have triggered

Comment

waza1960,

You would need to go to your other computer and find where the trade originated from. Orders tagged as External either come from other computers you have running the same account or orders done directly on from your brokerage account or generally any other location outside of the current instance of NT showing the External name for the order.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks for that I will check the other platform and get back to you thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rocketman7  
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH