Bad data at end of week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad data at end of week

I am getting some bad data, but only at the end of the week. It seems to be happening most weeks. I have attached a screen shot so you can see the sort of thing that is happening. My data provider is Gain. Ninja version is 6.5.1000.15.
    The instrument in the screenshot is USDJPY but it is happening on all pairs.

The three horizontal bars you can see in the screenshot do not have logical time stamps. After the 2 large green bars, the small green bar is labelled 18:00, the first horizontal bar is labelled 20:00, the next 00:00 and the third 9:00. All FX pairs show the same 3 bars with the same time stamps, but some have other similar bars as well.

I have tried reloading the historical data from the chart and from the control centre.
    If I close the chart and open a new chart the data is still the same.
    How can I fix this please?
    Thanks,
    Annette
    Attached Files

annettes, please try deleting the historical data present via Tools > Historical Data > Delete and then open a fresh chart for the symbol in question to download a complete fresh set of data, would the outcome then be different?

In our new NT7 you would access to a Historical Data Manager that would allow you the editing of the stored historical data as well to simplify handling issues like this.

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
      Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested, but it had no effect. I also tried renaming the NinjaTrader database, so that Ninja would think I had no database and create a new one. This also had no effect.

I also swicthed to a different license key, my live key, and still saw the problem. This problem is affecting every currency pair. It is also visible if I change time frames. My data provider is Gain but I am using the Ninjatrader servers for historical data.

What else can I do?? This is crazy.
      Thanks,
      Annette

Comment

Annette, in which time zone are you located (is your PC clock tied to)? Have you tried excluding the weekend data from the charts?

Unfortunately there's no easy data edit option for NT 6.5, however our new NT 7 beta version would have a data manager where you simply exclude the data you would like to dismiss and then it would be blocked from potentially being overwritten when reloading from the servers, too.

You can check it out here now -

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Comment

Unfortunately editing the data is not practical as the problem occurs every weekend on every currency pair. The only way I have been able to solve this problem is to completely uninstall Ninja and install a fresh version and start from scratch. I have spoken to other people who have had similar problems and have had to resort to the same drastic measures. Perhaps this could be flagged with the debugging team please.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Annette, we'll try reproducing here, so far I can unfortunately not confirm your findings - which timezone is your PC based in?

Also, as you reinstalled were you starting out with a clean MyDocuments folder as well and therefore a new database file?

Comment

I am based in Sydney, Australia (GMT + 10:00), but my PC is set to EST (New York time) for trading purposes.
              Yes, I deleted every trace of NinjaTrader, so it was a completely fresh database file.
              I had previously installed NinjaTrader 7 and run it once just to try it out, then switched back to NT6.5. Could this have caused any problems? I deleted both versions before doing the fresh installation and have not reinstalled V7.

Comment

No, they can both be installed on the same PC without cross referencing each other - I'll recheck this on my end in your timezone setting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Jquiroz1975  
                Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                1 response
                0 likes