Why did it scale in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did it scale in?

Ok I'm running my auto trading program - I had a trade signal at 11:26am PST the order was sent and filled, then the position manager within NT was managing my trade (lets call it position "X").

Then at 12:12pm PST my trading application generated another OIF order, it was sent to NT and picked up and submitted (plus filled)that order was then added to the orignal 11:26am order as a order scale. Thus adding to the contracts within NT's already managed position.

I thought once an order was placed, filled and managed by the position managing, NT would not except another order until the original order was finished? Thus it should have not allowedthe scale order correct? If I'm wrong is there a way to block the scale orders?

imported post

NT does not allow multiple position strategies to be run for the same market simultaneously. When the second OIF is sent it, it is treated as a scale order and handled accordingly. To prevent the 2nd OIF you should check the PUF and only submit OIF when it is FLAT.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

For my future planning (I'm way not there yet in ability for QIF code and praying for an Ensign .dll <g&gt. Is it possible to limit scale function tojust 1 time/event at a set # of ticks/points from the 1st entry while blocking all interim signals from charts until new scaled or unscaled(should the add order not get executed)total postion is flat?Specifically Iusually set a limit order 2 pts ES from my entry for possible add/scale.........dangerous I know but lookn to beat the "stop busters" out there that seem to know pain points of us small guys<g>

Comment

imported post

If you can program that into Ensign then yes.

Comment

imported post

To prevent the 2nd OIF you should check the PUF and only submit OIF when it is FLAT.

Ninjatrader,

Is this a feature within NT's settings or is this another OIF update file to be sent to the AT bin after the orignal (first) OIF file is generated? If its a feature within NT where is is located?

Thanks

Comment

imported post

The PUF is a feature of NT, reading it and basing decisions of it is a function of the code you have written to generate the OIF.

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the info I will add it to the OIF order file at once

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse