Getting Real Time Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Real Time Data

I'm having an issue getting real time data into NT. As near as I can tell I have everything connected properly but when I go to run a strategy nothing seems to be happening. Charts just load up to the 3rd of June and then don't update with current information.

I have an institutional account with Interactive Brokers. We get our data through Arca. I'm trying to take a look at RIMM on 1 minute bars. I have a chart open and a strategy applied to it but there is no real time data streaming into the application as near as I can tell. How can I troubleshoot this?

Hello falcon00,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please right click on the chart and then select Format Data Series. Please let me know what data series options you have enabled on this particular chart.

Also, can you please clarify if you are receiving real-time data for RIMM within IB's TWS.

If you are please close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Then please reopen NinjaTrader and reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Type: Stock
      Name: RIMM
      Exchange: Default
      Interval Settings 1 minutes
      Days back: 15

I am getting real time data in TWS
      PC Clock Sync: Check
      Instrument reset: Check

These actions resulted in the following:
      Data is now current UP TO the close of the 7th but nothing new for the 8th.
      When I applied the strategy to the chart I get the following error:
      Order rejected - No Trading Permission. Account Requirements (201) Affected Order Buy 100 Market

Comment

falcon00,

Can you please right click on the chart and select Properties and make sure that the session ends and begins times are set to both 12:00 AM for a 24 hour chart.

Then please close and right click and select Reload Historical Data.

Also, can you clarify the time zone you are located in.

Comment

Sorry I had to step away for a while.
          Session time IS set to 24 hours.
          When I reload historical data I get the same result. The chart stops at the close of the 7th.
          I'm located in Central Standard Time.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please forward your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that we can review those files.

Additionally if you have a demo connection with IB please provide the username and password so that we can test the connection on our end.

Please reference this forum post in your email so that we can review the provided details in light of the log and trace files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes