Data Problem with Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having a problem with a couple of indicators in Market Anayzer. I have attached a gif file of my Market Analyzer window. I have four indicators displayed on the screen. The three left indicators have a Plot output that can take the following values: -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3. The right indicator can take values -1, 1.

I have checked the indicators code on a chart and I get the expected values on the chart.

Two of the indicators appear to work properly and the center two indicators don't. It appears that instead of displaying the plot output, Market Analyzer is displaying the closing price.

Any idea what is going on here?

Double Bogie
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

When the NinjaScript cannot access a value it is substituted with the close price. When it works on the chart how many bars back for data are you using? Are you using the same in the market analyzer when you added the indicator?

Please check and make sure you have applied the market analyzer settings to the same as the chart. Also please check the log tab in the control center for error.

If you are still unable to get it working please send your code to support at ninjatrader dot com with the subject ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post so that I may take a look. Also provide a screenshot of the settings your using when you add the indicator column to the Market Analyzer.

Also please let me know if you are using ninjaTrader 6.5 or NinjaTrader 7.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Brett,

Thanks. I had the bars back set correctly. It now seems to be working correctly. I guess it put the closing prices up when the market was closed.

If I have any more troubles I will send the code.

Double Bogie

Comment

Some of the features of MAS are:

* Includes basic technical analysis indicators, such as Simple Moving Average, Exponential Moving Average, Stochastic, MACD, RSI, On Balance Volume, and Momentum.
        * Includes more advanced indicators, such as Standard Deviation, Slope of EMA of Volume, Slope of MACD Signal Line, Bollinger Bands, and Parabolic SAR.
        * User can create new technical analysis indicators, including complex indicators based on existing indicators.
        * User can configure criteria for automated trading-signal generation.
        * Creation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly data from daily data.
        * Handles intraday data.
        * Handles stock and futures data.
        * Accepts input data from files, from a database, or from the web. (Includes a configuration for obtaining end-of-day data from yahoo.com.)
        * Can be configured and run as a server that provides services for several clients at a time running on remote machines.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Lowell; 09-01-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
        1 response
        1 view
        0 likes