Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart is not plotted correctly? More space at the bottom

Hi there,
    I downloaded NT 7.17 and I see the charts vertical scale seems to be messed up. I haev attached the screen shot of the XOM chart.

If you look at the chart, all the candles are squeezed to the top and there are lot of empty space below.
    Attached Files

Hello thanga,

Can you please create a new chart via File-->New-->Chart and check if the issue persists.

You can adjust the Y-axis to your liking as per the instructions under 'How to change the vertical scale and range of a chart' at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
      Thanks for your reply.
      This is happening when I save the workspace and re-open it. Also, interesting thing is that this happen only when I view the Current Week. If I move back so that the current week moves out of the chart, it displays correct.

When I create a new chart from File->New->Chart, it works fine. Again I need to add all my indicators, colors etc.

Comment

Could it be there is a bad tick listed for this week?

Such behavior can occur when the data includes a value far away from the market price. Since it is included in the display of the chart, the Y-axis is extended. Subsequently your price bars are vertically compressed.

Comment

If it is bad tick, then it should show the same behavior when I pull the new chart from File->New..

I see this only when I reload the chart window from saved workspace.

Comment

thanga,

It could still be the case of a bad tick. Please check your Historical Data Manager to see if any data is listed poorly. If not, then please send us the workspace you are using along with the data provider you are using. Thank you.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,
              Thanks for the reply. I have attached my workspace "thanga.zip". Open the MS chart you will see issue.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello thanga,

Could you please let us know to what connectivity provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

I tested your workspace on my end and experience the issue as well. When I checked the Historical Data Manager, I did not notice a bad tick for the section that was displayed in the chart.

I am not sure why the vertical scale is configured like this.

I saved a chart template of the chart in question and subsequently I created a new MS daily chart using the chart template I saved. The newly created chart did not display the vertical scale issue. When I reloaded historical data, the vertical scale remained the same.

I suggest to perform the same steps and check if the issue persist.

If the issue recurs in a future session, please let us know what steps you performed just before the issue occurred.

Comment

Looks like the problem happens when you add Text Note to the chart. I am able to consistently produce the problem if I add a note to the chart and save the workspace.

Hope you guys fix them in NT7

Comment

Outlier?

Josh,

I am confused on this issue: I have seen it before but cant recall the details. However, if it is a 'bad tick' does that refer to a outlier value?
                    If so the bar where that tick is located should show up as (in example where all data is scrunched at top of screen) bottoming on the screen?

I am wondering if an indicator isnt plotting correectly .. just 3 cents Canadian worth of input.

Jon

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                    thanga,

It could still be the case of a bad tick. Please check your Historical Data Manager to see if any data is listed poorly. If not, then please send us the workspace you are using along with the data provider you are using. Thank you.

Comment

Jon,
                      It's not a bad tick. If you have bad tick, this should occur everytime. If you pull a new chart for the same period and symbol, this problem is not happing. So, I think it is something to with the Text Note placement.

Comment

Hello thanga,

Can you please tell me what beta version you currently have installed. You can check this at Help-->About. Please ensure you have NinjaTrader 7.0.0.18 installed.

I tested saving Text objects on charts by saving workspaces, however the charts displayed the same Y scale as before the restart. Can you please tell me if the issue persists in the latest beta version.

If so, please tell me the exact steps you have taken, so I can test it on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                        3 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post PaulMohn  
                        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes