Market Indexes Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Indexes Data

I am trialing BarCharts to see if they can satisfy my need for market index data. I monitor, TICK, SPX, DOW, COMP, and several other indexes as context for my ES and YM trading. I have a connection working but I am unable to find any reference to any of these market indexes. is there some new default file I have to load into my Instrument Manager to get access to this data? If so, where is it so I can download it.
    Thanks
    DaveN

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your post.

Those indices you mention are included by default in the NinjaTrader instrument database. Can you please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then select a Type of 'Index' and search to see what instruments are shown in the NinjaTrader database.

If you do not see a particular index listed then you will want to add it to the database. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

• From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button

When you input the symbol mapping you can find the BarChart specific symbol at the following link.
    Prices for popular stock indices including DOW Jones, NASDAQ, S&P 500, NYSE Composite, Russell, TSX Composite, ASX All Ordinaries, and more.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes