Indicators are lost in today's 6.5 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators are lost in today's 6.5 upgrade

After downloading and installing the required 6.5 1000.16 upgrade today, my charts no longer had their indicators. My custom indicators and all but several of the "standard" were also removed from the Indicators list. I tried a Restore, but that apparently does not affect Indicators. No word yet from Ninja on a fix.

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your log and trace files for today's date as well as the date prior to the upgrade.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
    Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Also, can you please forward me screenshot of your indicators list in the chart list window. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, you should be in receipt of these items you requested, in addition to a screenshot of my indicator folder contents showing the "removed" indicators that cannot be compliled into the new upgraded version.

Comment

Flash,

Yes, thank you, I did receive those items and have responded based on what I saw. Please let me know using that email if the issue persists.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Flash,

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate the email in question.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread.

After I have your email, I will be able to track down the other message and can follow up with you here.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I am following up for kyle since I responded to your note earlier this morning.

I have also sent a note from my personal email in an attempt to reach you since our support emails are not getting to you for some reason.

Please see the following responses that I sent you.

Hello,(This Morning)

I am sending this to your from my personal email since you are not receiving my notes. Please provide a phone number for a reliable way to contact you so that I may contact you if further assistance is needed, please send this to support at ninjatrader dot com with a reference to this forum post since we are receiving your notes just no the other way around. I have copied our responses to each one of your note below.

Hello, (This Morning)

Thank you for your note.

There is unfortunately no way to downgrade. However there should be no reason why the upgrade would effect any of your indicators or workspaces all should be maintained and there should be no data lost.

Also, have you dont a backup? If you have a backup you can restore that. If you do not have a backup I recommend that you create one moving forward that way if something bad was to happen you have a backup.

Creating a Backup:
            http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/CreatingABackupArchive.html
            Restoring a Backup:
            http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/RestoringABackupArchive.html

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Hello Robert, (Yesterday)

Thank you for your note. This is Chris responding on behalf of Ryan.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
            1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
            4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            5. Reboot your machine.
            6. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
              Download

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Thank you Brett. As I detailed in this thread below, and in my previous email to Ryan, I did perform a Backup prior to the upgrade and I did a Restore to the new version prior to contacting NT yesterday.

Comment

Hello,

It would be best if I can call you and talk to you. Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and put ATTN: Brett and put your phone number there or reply to my email I send you from my personal outlook so that I can get this resolved for you and get on the same page.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thank you I have emailed my phone number to you via my NT - Help - Mail to Support, with ATTN Brett in the Subject line.

Comment

Hello,

I have received and will be giving you a call in 15 minutes or so. Please goto www.logmein123.com in preparation for the call and I will give you the 6 digit pin code over the phone.

Thank You.

Comment

6.5 Update problem

I installed the new 6.5 update as well, and all of my indicators and workspaces are gone, however my templates are there. I tried to import them again and I get a message that says "You have custom Ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a Ninjascript Archive File."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno
                      by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes