NT causing data delays from 100% CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT causing data delays from 100% CPU usage

I've noticed that NT uses a lot more system resources and CPU load than my previous charting program, although I like NT a LOT better. The memory usage is not the problem though. I am currently using a 2.4 GHz P4 processor, so I don't see how NT could be placing such a big load on the CPU. During market hours today, a good part of the day involved kicking my CPU usage to 100% for an extended period of time. Is this a known issue that can be reduced somehow? Perhaps some sort of patch? I don't know... the only reason I'm really making any deal of it is because I've noticed that during 100% CPU usage periods, the data in my charts gets delayed from a few seconds to several minutes... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Hello:

Thank you for your note.

There are ways to improve the performance of NT and reduce cpu usages.

We suggest verifying the following information in the link below:

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for those suggestions, Ryan. I went ahead and changed some of the settings as per the recommendations and it seems like it made an improvement. The only way to tell really will be during normal market hours, but it looks good so far. Thanks again.

Comment

I concur - NT6 has become a turtle

The slowness is probably due to the extreme volatility and markedly increased volume. I had already optimized the settings and indicators (except for "Display update interval (sec)" and "store real-time bar data" which I just did). I have not seen a significant improvement, it is still very slow. AND I am not using my second charting program.

I think is time for NT to be able to use my second core in my dual core CPU!!!

Otherwise I just may have to have only one chart open. Who knows how long the volatility and extremely increased volume is going to last.

Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosAlberto View Post
          The slowness is probably due to the extreme volatility and markedly increased volume. I had already optimized the settings and indicators (except for "Display update interval (sec)" and "store real-time bar data" which I just did). I have not seen a significant improvement, it is still very slow. AND I am not using my second charting program.

I think is time for NT to be able to use my second core in my dual core CPU!!!

Otherwise I just may have to have only one chart open. Who knows how long the volatility and extremely increased volume is going to last.

Carlos
          Thanks Carlos. That's what I'm suspecting also. Hopefully the volatility won't last that much longer! A lot of people have been getting seriously burned these past few weeks...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH