Trades not firing real time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trades not firing real time

attached are two screen printouts, the one with no short trades was up real time while the one with the two shorts fired after I reloaded the historical data in the spot where they should of fired real time.. I checked the log and trace at the time when orders should of fired real time but there is no notations in the logs or trace that orders were even tried.. The blue down arrows come from my code which is right after the order is placed.. This has been a reoccurring problem.. This is just a 1 min YM..

I know ur gonna say turn on the trace orders,, problem is the trace orders fills up and usually misses what I'm looking for..

Any ideas??
    Attached Files

Hello gg80108,

Unfortunately I am not sure why the strategy did not trigger orders real-time. I checked the data in both screenshots and it is identical. Some supported connectivity providers use two sources for real-time and historical data, so data can be slightly different after reloading historical data. Different data can result in different behavior of automated strategies.

You will need to debug your strategy to check why it does not function as you like. General debug information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is an intermittent situation and order placement occurs about 95% of the time ok, , but 95% really isnt close enough..

When one reloads historical data , is it reloading by bar or tic?
      Last edited by gg80108; 06-15-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Historical data is loaded as per the interval selected in the chart - by bar.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pivot Point in your pictures?

Hello gg and Tim,

Can you tell me where I would find the Pivot Points that's being used in the pictures gg attached below? Sorry that this isn't related to your issue!

Thanks!

JC

Comment

This is from a vendor but vendor not on the ninja partner list,,,, not been the grail for me.....those two trades look great but since the beginning of the year just a few k bucks ES.. Mechanical rules though, I wrote autotrading part , the indicator is from a vendor that triggers the trades and will give u the code on how to call the indicator if u are the programming type.. Have had good luck with Viper which is on the N partner list..

Comment

Thanks gg. I've seen that same time of "rolling pivot point" through any MT4 platform, but I have no interest in using MT4 to trade my current Forex.com account. I've used a Pivot Point MA w/ Daily PP's to capture fade's and breakout's at Support and Resistance levels; this is a high probability trade set up.

Do you mind if I copy your thumbnails and repost them to ask for help?

Do you ever use the NT charts? ...Do the PP's look like the one on your thumbnail's, or just straight lines like most packages?

Thanks again, gg!

JC

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              172 responses