unable to connect to IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to connect to IB

It was working earlier this morning, but now when I try to connect to IB, at the bottom it will say "Connected - InteractiveBrokers" but it won't play that connection sound, and the box is grey, not green.

The logs say:

IB: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    IB: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed= Connected
    Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs.Recover/Reset: GetObjectSet failed for NinjaTrader.Cbi.Order
    IB: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected

Any clue what this means and how to fix it?

Ken

Hello kjackson,

Can you please try the following steps. While NinjaTrader is closed, please go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 and delete the Config.xml file.

Start NinjaTrader and create a new IB connection as per the instructions at the link below.

Subsequently connect to IB and let me know if the issue persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I did the above and it didn't work for me. Is there something else I could try?

thanks,

Ken

Comment

Can you please check if you setup the TWS API options as per the connection guide. Make sure you have TWS version 900 as well.

Do you have NinjaTrader and TWS installed on the same PC?

Could it be you have another application that connects to TWS as well?

Comment

Yes, nothing has changed, I just double-checked. This configuration was working this morning, and I didn't change anything at all. My computer did blue screen, and after that, I have been unable to connect. Is there something I can clear on the NT side to make it work again?

Comment

Did you reboot your PC after you experienced the blue screen?

Can you please reboot your PC and try the connection once more.

If the issue persists, I suggest to re-install TWS due to the blue screen and check if this will make a difference.

The Config.xml you deleted earlier cleared your account connection setups to start fresh in this regard.

Comment

Hi, unfortunately, none of that has helped. It doesn't appear to be anything wrong with IB or TWS, there is something wrong with NT. Something is corrupt, can someone please help me figure this out before the open of tomorrow's market?

I have upgraded TWS to the latest version. I have other programs such as QuoteTracker and BracketTrader that are connecting to TWS without any problems.

As well, I have upgraded NT to the latest version, .16 I was at .15 until today.

Are there termporary files or some type of cache files that I need to clean up?

Comment

Hello Ken,

Please uninstall the latest TWS version and install TWS 900 as per the IB connection guide below.

See the information below as well from the connection guide.

If you have another 3rd party application connected to TWS, ensure that it is not using a Client ID value of zero.

Try shutting down this application and then connecting NinjaTrader to TWS.

Can you please check if this could be the case.

If the issue remains, I suggest to perform an uninstall/re-install of NinjaTrader.

Please create a backup file to save your settings and data.

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder.

Clear your browser cache and download & install NinjaTrader from the link below.

Start NinjaTrader and create a new IB connection and check if you can get connected.

If so, please restore your settings and check again.

Comment

Hello from here :-)
                  some additional Informations about undocumented Isues for the Support-Team.

If you download the TWS version 900, from the Ninjatrader-Site, and follow the installation-tutorial, you will find an undocumented Parameter in the API-Configuration of the TWS, called:

"Bypass Order Precautions for API Orders" (yes/no).

Unfortunately also the Help-Funktion of TWS contains no additional Information about this Parameter.

By the Way - if you use nt7 the tutorial is a bit tricky, because the Windows have other or aditional Parameters, sometime on different places.

best
                  Trendseek

Comment

Hello Trendseek,

You can choose to enable or disable the option. I am able to connect to IB in both scenario's. I suggest to contact IB for clarification regarding this option.

Yes, unfortunately the connection guides were created with NinjaTrader 6.5 in mind. Let me know if you need any assistance upon setting up the connection.

Comment

Thanks Jason and Trendseek. I uninstalled NT completely and reinstalled it, and it looks like that worked. It's weird but I guess there was some additional file that was corrupt in NT, but I'm not sure what that could have been.

Thanks Jason

Ken

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DynamicTest  
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                      4 responses