Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to See Which Trades will Occur from List

Hello,

I've been playing with NT for only a short time and I think it's a great piece of software.

My question is, I've got a few interesting strategies but want to know how can I see which trades will occur today? Or the last trades? For example, I test my strategy against the Dow 30 stocks, the strategy analyzer provides a list of each stock, but how can I pull up a list by last traded? So I can see which ones are going on today, instead of manually looking at the list name by name.

Thanks

Hello Canuck,

The strategy analyzer report is generated by instrument. Unfortunately there's no way of changing the format here.

As an alternative, you may consider using the market analyzer which can be used to filter a list of instruments that meet the specified conditions. It can't be used to tell you which are in a trade, but you can use the same conditions as your trade rules.

See here for how to use the Market Analyzer to filter.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Ryan,

Yes I've looked into the MA, and it would be a great idea especially with the ability to filter out what I'm looking for, the problem is that it's quite limited to what it can do in terms of actual filters.

I'll look into the market analyzer some more and see if I can make it work.

Thanks for the quick reply! (which is a big reason why I like NT over other software)

Cheers
      C

Comment

Hello Canuck,

It may seem limited through the GUI, but you can filter about anything with custom programming. A common approach is to create a custom indicator and then set a plot value to 1 if conditions are true and 0 if not. You can then use the filter when the indicator value == 1 to test the same conditions you would use in a strategy.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah yes, I see what you're saying.

That's great, thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator