MBT Demo account with NT 6 and or 7 Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBT Demo account with NT 6 and or 7 Free

I have an MBT Demo and Live Forex account. I also have an MBT Demo and Live equities account.

I have linked the Demo Forex and Demo equities account through MBT website.

I am running Windows 7 on a quad core machine with 6GB of Ram.

I currently have installed MB Trader Desktop Pro, Ninja Trader 6.5 and Ninja Trader 7 beta 17 along with the latest MBT Navigator from NT Website.

I'm trying to log into my Demo accounts with NT and am not sure if things are working correctly or not.

So here are the questions :

When I open NT and I connect to my MBT Demo Forex account I am expecting to see the account show up under the accounts tab and for it also to display any open positions I have and to also show me my account balances.

I also expect that when connected if I use NT to make a simulated trade it will appear in my MBT account.

Is that the way things are supposed to work ? Or is it that I will only see the SIM account and nothing passes either way except for chart information ?

At the moment I see MBT Navigator connect and it shows me my positions and allows me to select from among my different accounts, but nothing shows in NT.

Is it still true that NT still can not get historical data from MBT ? and that I need to use another feed such as Gain capitals to get that ?

Thank You in advance for any help or advice that is offered.

Franky C.

Hello Franky,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, if you currently have a Live NinjaTrader license key when connected to this account will be displayed within NInjaTrader with account information.

If you are submitting orders to the Sim101 or other simulation account within NinjaTrader these orders will not be broadcasted to MB Trading.

MB Trading does not provide historical data within NInjaTrader 6.5 however historical data is available in NinjaTrader 7 when connected to MB Trading.

If you would like you may download NinjaTrader 7 on the same PC as 6.5. NinjaTrader 7 will be a seperate installation and will not erase or affect NinjaTrader 6.5 at all however keep in mind you may only have on instance of NinjaTrader running at a time.

I have provided a link below where you may download NinjaTrader 7.

I have also provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over what can and cannot be migrated from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7.
    Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So The Free version of NT will not show any information such as positions except real time forex data from a Demo MBT Account ?

With NT7 I can download historical forex data from the Demo MBT account and NT7 will save the data locally ?

Thanks

Franky C.

Comment

That is correct while using the Free NinjaTrader license key you will only have access to the Sim101 simulation account which will not display positions, orders, executions, etc. outside the platform.

Yes within NinjaTrader 7 when connected to MB Trading it will display historical data that is available from MB Trading and will be stored in your cache.

Comment

Thank You that makes sense.

Franky C.

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help.

Have a great day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post