Installing NT7 in Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing NT7 in Windows 7

Can someone here who has installed NT7 on Windows 7 help me to get it working.

It seems to install NT7 ok on my windows 7 Home Premium edition. When I try to start up NT7, the program works fine. Then I try to connect to my data provider (MBT) but then it gives this message:

"MBTrading is not a supported 64 bit technology and cannot run in this version of NinjaTrader. You must use the 32 bit version of NinjaTrader".

I know that NT7 and Windows 7 is not supported here but I seen other NT members posting they've done it.

Also I'm confused with the two program folders that Windows 7 have, one is for 64 bit and the other (X86) is the 32 bit so even though I installed to both, no luck and I can't get it working.

Help please!

pa188, XP, Vista and Win7 would all work, however for working with the MBT brokerage technology option, please use the regular 32 bit version of NT7 to connect, as they do not support 64 bit connections at this time. Both 32 and 64 bit NT7 version are installed per default if you run a 64 bit capable OS.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      pa188, XP, Vista and Win7 would all work, however for working with the MBT brokerage technology option, please use the regular 32 bit version of NT7 to connect, as they do not support 64 bit connections at this time. Both 32 and 64 bit NT7 version are installed per default if you run a 64 bit capable OS.
      Hi NT Bertrand,

Thank you so much, I'll try it now.

One more question if you're still there, there are two "program file" folders in Windows 7, one for X86 and the other is for 64 bit, does it matter which folder I install NT7 in?

Comment

You're welcome, since you run a 64 bit OS, the default folder would be the X86 named one.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes