Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB disconnects sometimes

Hello,

since I have installed Ninja 7 beta 17 I have problems with my IB connection.

My primary connection is ZenFire, the second is IB. It seems that this will not work together since beta 17.

I have installed the supported TWS 900.4 (downloaded from the Ninja site) and configured all the setting like it is explained in the connection guide.

It works for about an half hour and then Ib starts to disconnect and reconnect and again disconnect and so on.

Are there any known issus since beta 17 ?

Hello easyfresh3000,

Thank you for your post.

With the current version of the NinjaTrader 7 beta, you will need to be using TWS version 900.6. If you are not running this version, please uninstall via the Windows Control Panel, then install version 900.6 via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

thanks for your reply. I have found the problem. It seems that
      a little tool on my machine ( 1st Atomic Time ) was the reason for the
      disconnections.

I have used this app for snyc. my pc clock every 30 seconds and now I have
      removed it and everything works fine.

Do you now another app for doing this (which works better with Ninja) ?

Comment

HI easyfresh3000,

Thanks for the follow up. I will make a note of this.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of another 3rd party software which would perform the same task. Perhaps other forum users could share their recommendations?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses