• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, here you go.
    Attached Files

Comment

After reviewing your trace file I see the following error:

2010-06-28 07:52:35:914 (GAIN LIVE) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs ConnectionLost ConnectionLost NoError Connection to Rates interface lost: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connecti

2010-06-28 07:52:35:915 (GAIN LIVE) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: ConnectionLost ConnectionLost

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
      • ISP issues
      • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
      • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
      • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
      • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,

Thank you. I was ver skeptical, but I have a EURCHF M1 chart on my screen right now and the price indicator is moving.

I swear I didn't see it do so before after many minutes.

this is very good news. thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post inanazsocial  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes