Flickering desktop icons with Cross Hair use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickering desktop icons with Cross Hair use

I'm getting a flickering desktop icons when havering on charts with crosshair.

NT7

Hi inventor1949,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify your workspace setup, such as how many charts, and what indicators are applied to those charts. Additionally, can you please forward your log and trace files for today's date to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that we can review those files.

Trace files are found in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->trace-->trace.2010xxxx.txt
    Log files are found in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->log-->log.2010xxxx.txt
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see the same behavior here, as soon as the cursor is on the chart the desktop icons start constantly refreshing. It doesn't do it on my laptop though. Dan
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Yes same here on one laptop only I'm working right now with support to remedy that.
        I don't know Y they don't use the forum so every one ells can benefit.

Comment

Hi inventor1949 and eDanny,

I just responded to an email regarding this specific issue, but allow me to clarify the issue here as well.

The reason we are seeing the flickering is due to performance demands. In inventor1949's case it has to do with the fact that there is not a specific performance section related to graphics, and so the graphics use general CPU resources, and it causes a spike as you move the cursor which causes the flickering.

This would be why you may see it on some PCs but not on others, or during only market hours when the volume is higher. To resolve you will want to reduce the performance requests by referring to the Performance Tips.

Comment

Same with NT7

With Crosshairs selected, my desktop icons flash when my cursor is hovering over that chart. With a total of 19 charts and DOM's open, I cannot understand why this would be a resource issue. Seriously, what is the difference in load from Crosshairs On to Crosshairs Off?

Has to be a bug.

I am running a dual core with a couple gigs of RAM and there is no resource issue other than this one.

I saw a post suggesting the fix was to go into Add/Remove Programs>Ninja7>Change>Repair but that was aimed at he same problem for NT 6.5 and I have not seen anyone try this in NT7.

Dunno but I would like to use the crosshairs.

Comment

Thank you very much "shortski" now I don't feel so bad, BTW I still have the flikering.

Comment

Hi shortski and inventor1949,

Since we focused earlier on the workspaces there are some Nvidia cards that show similar issues with .NET, and so you can update your video drivers, and then also check the hardware acceleration on the graphics card and reduce that speed.

Comment

Updated and reduced speed all the way down. The only difference is the Crosshairs flash now instead of the icons.

Comment

shortski,

Can you then please forward us your log and trace diagnostic files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please reference this thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                    • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Additionally, can you please go to My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 and please attach the workspace you are using so that I can test this issue further.

Comment

Ryan, I can send you everything but the wsp. The Indicators are almost all propriety and I doubt you will have any of them.

Comment

Hi Shortski,

I will follow-up based on that information, and the indicators should not affect the workspace as I mostly concerned with knowing the overall configuration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes