Collapse

error when back up and seems similar error when importing ninjascript .zip file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error when back up and seems similar error when importing ninjascript .zip file

Hi,

When i run backup for everything, it will say there is error on the script or something like that, and it runs alot longer than before when there is no such message.

Now today i tried to import a custom .zip file contains indicator, it says :" You have custom Ninjascript files on your pc that have programming errors. these error must be resolved befor eyo import NS file..."

So how do i know which one? And i dont see anything custom indicator with programming error, all are working fine...

Hello MoreYummy,

The error indicates the current NinjaScript files contain errors, which need to resolved first before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6) From there you have the option to debug the indicator or remove it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete

You can find general debug information at the link below.

In addition, you can try the following workaround as well. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it seems custom/ninjatrader.Vendor.dll could not be found.

it is all the indicator's error.

What happened?

Like i said, nothing is done or change on any indicator or scripts. Just one day it will tell me error on ninjascript when backing up everything.

Comment

Hello MoreYummy,

To resolve you will need to add a reference to the file. Do this within the NinjaScript editor.
        • Right Click and Select References
        • Click Add
        • Browse to My Documents\NinjaTrader\bin\custom
        • Locate NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll and then click Open

You should then be able to recompile by hitting F5 on your keyboard.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The reference list already have that link...

So i guess the file is deleted?

But i just checked it, the file is There!!!

So what is next?

I found the problem, since last time there is glitch i had to reload, reinstall everything!, the directory is changed, but the indicator from the last backup still using the previous NT's directory. After I changed the reference's folder to the current new installation, it works.

But now how do I change ALL one by one? it takes forever...

Any idea to fix it? Or have NT to reference the .dll file to a folder in Main control, rather each script is using its own reference..

It is not a good idea from a coding stand point, always use variable rather direct link/number.
          Last edited by MoreYummy; 06-22-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Hi MoreYummy,

You will want to highlight the already added NinjaTrader.Vendor.Dll and then select Delete.

Then you will want to re-add that reference using the steps from the previous reply.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, it looks like it solve all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post xiinteractive  
              Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM