Charting stock index from PATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting stock index from PATS

Last year I was told by a tech that NT does not support charting of stock indexes (I'm getting my data from PATS) at the moment. Is that possible now?

Hi Fonzy458,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does support the charting of stock indices, however you would need to have a data provider that offers that type of data to chart within NinjaTrader. Patsystems does not provide stock indices data, but if you refer to the following link you can see which of our data providers do.

Yahoo is a data provider that does support stock indices, but there data is end of day historical data only. It can be set up for free, though. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance. Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can in fact get the Nikkei 225 cash index on PATS but the last time i tried hooking it up with NT it will not show.

Comment

Hello Fonzy458,

If you are connecting to Pats then you will need to make sure that you are enabled for this data & that you are plotting a supported interval. Note: in the link provided, Pats supports Real-Time & Daily intervals; historical Minute, historical Tick data are not supported.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

How do I verify whether I am "enabled for this data"?

And would NT be able to chart whatever my data my PATS provider gives?

THanks

Comment

Hello Fonzy458,

1.) To verify your authorization for an instrument, you will need to contact your broker or data provider.

2.) This is correct.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello Fonzy458,

1.) To verify your authorization for an instrument, you will need to contact your broker or data provider.

2.) This is correct.

Hi

I get this error (attached screenshot) when I try to pull up a chart for a cash index that is available on my PATS server.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fonzy458,

Is NK225 CSH a instrument you have created in the Instrument Manager?

If not, you will need to do so before it is possible to chart the instrument.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
                • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                • Press the "New" button
                • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
                • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
                The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
                • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes