Identifying an ATM Strategy Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying an ATM Strategy Stop

I have an ATS that calls on an ATM strategy for execution. The ATM has set profit targets and a stop loss (OCO). I trade 3 contracts, each of which has its own profit target. After price has moved in my favor by a certain x ticks, the stop order for the remaining contracts is offset from the current high (in case of a long position) by y ticks every z ticks.

My reentry condition (long in this case) is dependent on where the stop price is for the current position. However NT does not have something like GetAtmStrategyStopPrice(), so there seems no easy way to for me to identify that price within the code . . .

I could use the entry price and subtract that from the high to tie it back to what the ATM strategy would do, but that seems convoluted . ..

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Insearch, unfortunately you're correct - you could just set the stop value yourself with the ChangeStopTarget method and then keep track of it hence 'knowing' where it is to trigger reentry if permissioned.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am having the same issue. While you are correct, The ATMStrategy orders allow you to modify the order using the DOM or chart trader. If you modify the stop with the UI then you have no way to inform your code.

For example, I usually allow my stops to be managed by code, but in specific cases I determine a wise move for covering potential profits would be to pull my stops tight and cover profits at KNOWN S/R points. If I move my stop in the UI ... a few ticks later my strategy code has overridden my MANUAL move of the stop and placed it back where the strategy thinks it should be based on my code.

A better method would be for us to have the ability to check the current price for a STOP or a TARGET and if it was > or < x value then move the stop through code ...or not... without the ability to somhow check the stop or targets price it is like driving blind.

Comment

mjc4118, thanks for this useful suggestion, I can certainly see your point.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes